Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/13/2006 8:30:32 PM EDT
My first build in 20 years.  Still waiting on a few parts... Eventually it'll be a 16" midlength.  RRA lower, CMT upper, MI FF handguards, 16" Cmmg govt barrell, and haven't decided on a stock yet..

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/peefba26306ff024bf014d1a59221f9c4/f02da282.jpg

John
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:43:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Off to a good start, I am about 75% done. My barrel happened to get lost amongst the USPS facilities somewhere between indiana and missisippi state (sp?).
landslide.dyndns.org/ar15/charge2.jpg
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:17:22 PM EDT
[#2]

There ya go Edicut.

off to a good start. Keep the pics coming.

And here's yours Heavytank2

Gene
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:53:40 AM EDT
[#3]
That's a great start, you started earlier than me, It took me 34 years which was last year, for my first build.

I completed two builds last year, an A2 lower and a middy upper half.

For stocks I would recommend either the Stag/ CMT or the Vltor Modstock.

Keep us updated.

AR3
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:02:01 AM EDT
[#4]
nice.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:51:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Btw, its all oiled to death in that picture because I was trying to stop some binding of the charge handle which turned out to be the cam.... being I have no barrel it was partially locked DUHHHH...
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Finished product,, Shoots awesome, only problem so far were a couple FTFs when using mag catch button.  Hoping this will dissapear after a few hundred rounds..

After I felt it was zeroed, I shot this at 25 yards kneeling iron sights, that's 10 rds.  The black dot is a bit smaller than a silver dollar.. Yeah my zero target was a bit ghetto(paper plate) but didn't feel like stopping for targets and I use the plates for handgun practice..

Thx ARFCOM for all the insight, advice and photos that helped me choose my vendors and build...

ETA
HOLLY NEWBIE PHOTO POSTER!!!!! I'm going to get banded for that waste of bandwidth.  Guess I gotta learn how to resize my photos...

John P..
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:04:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Finished product,, Shoots awesome, only problem so far were a couple FTFs when using mag catch button.  Hoping this will dissapear after a few hundred rounds..
John P..

No shit? You too?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice group, gun, and target...

I think I have seen those targets b4!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:09:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice work, Edicut!!

two options for re-sizing - b oth are FREE and both are very EASY

Pixresizer

or this one...........

Microsoft xp d-load for re-sizing

I had the first then got the second. The second one is the one I now use as it allows you to simply right-click/resize

Keep up the good work on those shooters!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:35:10 PM EDT
[#10]
great looking set up.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#11]
nice looking rifle you have there. +1 for Magpul
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top