Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2003 2:34:44 AM EDT
My local shop has a few of these and I was gonna buy one for $25.  Does anyone have any experience with these?  I would stick my Surefire 6z in the thing.  I don't normally use lights but I figure this is a cheap solution of mounting a light on my m-4.  

Is this a good option?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:18:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:37:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My local shop has a few of these and I was gonna buy one for $25.  Does anyone have any experience with these?  I would stick my Surefire 6z in the thing.  I don't normally use lights but I figure this is a cheap solution of mounting a light on my m-4.  

Is this a good option?
View Quote

Based off of my experience with the First Samco Surefire light holder:

1) Take to the shop whatever rail you intend to attach it to.  Hopefully they will let you try it on your rail, so you can be sure that it fits.

[i]My First Samco mount would NOT fit on ANY rail I had (RAS, SIR, GG&G UFIR).

It took a lot of filing to where it would slid on and off.[/i]

2) If this shop will allow it, secure your light in the mount and make sure that the light is being held to your satisfaction.

[i]Understand that the only part of this light holder that actually grips the light is the two pads on either side of the mount, the ones that the screw goes through.

When I tightened the screw as tight as I could, you could still apply pressure and end up moving the light within the mount.

I ended up using KAC 1" light mounts.[/i]

Chris
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:13:06 AM EDT
[#3]
[puke] Then again, I am somewhat of a snob when it comes to weapon lights.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:02:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I wouldn't have the light mounted on my M-4 while at the range.  I'd have it on while it sat in the closet for home defense.  I have the surefire 6z with those combat rubber rings.  I'm not sure if it will fit.  I had to order the mount so...  we'll see if it works on Wed night.  If not I'll just return it.  I know I saw in the newest "Shooting Times" I think - they do an article on the M-4 and they have a Samco light mount attached and it looks like a surefire 6z in there.  Anyone else see this article?  
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#5]
This unit looks to me to be an economical answer to hanging a light on your AR. It's easy on/off,light,inexpensive,and I'd bet it fits M33/M44 forends like a glove. I'll tell you in about 4 days because I ordered a G2/Samco holder last night for $52+$4ship(thanks Steve@adco).If it ain't worth shit I've got a good back up flashlight,if it is I'm in light for an amount of money that I can justify.If I have to add a shock isolated reflector and clickie tailcap I'm still in it for less than an M3 and have a superior light.I've got an M44 fore end for just this reason a light and a vertical foregrip thats all it was ever meant to be and it does it just fine.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:11:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the Fobus 1" mount on the AAC rail. It fits perfectly and is rock solid.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:57:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got two lights for my AR.

One is a TACM III with a standard 1" scope ring.  The other is a Surefire 6P (the plastic version) in a Fobus Light holder.

Both mounts are used on an M33 handguard so there is no fit issue.

The mount is great for easy on/easy off (I love that push button system they have).  It holds the like fairly well - but after a few hundred rounds It did loosen its grip on the light.  Not enough so the light moved - but enough were you could move the light with some pressure.

So for now the Surefire/FObus is my backup light while the TACM III / Scope ring is my primary.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one. It is extremly tight on SIR or RAS. Still, you can put it on with little effort. It would be better off using on Glock instead of on AR.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I got one last friday and overall it is a very well thought out/constructed unit with one glaring deficiency which is the fact that it is very sloppy fitting on my M44's. So I e-mailed Samco Friday night and received return instructions this morning early.I asked that the replacement be test fitted before sending it back .....we'll see.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top