Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2010 7:05:39 PM EDT
Well, gotta say I love this site!  To think years ago I though that having 1 AR was more than enough...BRD hit me hard!  My first AR was nothing to sneeze at...a Stag basic.  Traded up for my second AR, a Stag tactical model (read: railed handguards).  Added to that my Ruger SR556.  Wasnt to fond of the Ruger so traded it for my Colt 6920. (Proud Kool Aid Drinker).  Added to that my Noveske N4 Recce.  And now I finally decided to build one from scratch (kinda) based on all the info and advice on here and the fact that I live down the road from my beloved Rainier Arms!  saw this lower and just had to build it.  Wanted it as a tribute to my favorite site and as a keepsake of my time stationed here in WA.

Latest build specs:

UPPER

Spikes M4 LE upper
BAR rails
Hard Chrome BCG
Magpul BUIS
Eotech 552
Spikes Fake Can  (now now laughing at this please...I realize its a frivilous and pointless addition but this was my "fun" build and wanted to try it out.  Gonna replace with rainier XTC muzzle device real soon)

LOWER

ARFCOM stripped lower (Mega)
Gissele SSA trigger group
VLTOR receiver extension and stock set
Magpul trigger guard
Spikes buffer
Stag LPK

I think it makes a great addition to my Colt and Noveske.  Dont want to leave out the baby brother...my Colt (Umarex) .22 M4.  Thats just for doing mag dumps and letting my daughter get used to the platform.

Appreciate any comments and advice.  Enjoy the family photos.  One question...planning one more purchase before I PCS outta here and I want some help choosing...

LMT MRP  or    DD M4V5??????????  Thoughts Please.

BigBrakes

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice......
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice.BRD is a mother!  
I have a question for you.  Is that a 45-70 or a .450M?  I have the .450 myself.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]
sweet!
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Very nice.BRD is a mother!  
I have a question for you.  Is that a 45-70 or a .450M?  I have the .450 myself.

Marlin 1895GS  .45-70.

Good eye!  

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Is that a perm attached fake can?? it makes the barrel look short
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is that a perm attached fake can?? it makes the barrel look short

No its not perm attached.  16" barrel.  Fake can instead of flash hider.  Makes a nice fireball!  Just for looks, I like the look but realized quick that I want a legit muzzle device.  But having the barrel be exactly 16" makes me want to try out a 14.5 with perm attached muzzle device.

Good news is that I am moving to New Mexico and I think they are SBR friendly.  Washington is NOT!  So if New Mexico is SBR friendly.....the BRD itch will need to be scratched AGAIN!

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey man, I think you meant to post this in the WA HTF
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:19:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Keep the votes coming, its 50/50 right now and that is only making the decision harder.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:42:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hey man, I think you meant to post this in the WA HTF

Its kinda a hybrid post.  I dont make many posts on here, usually just observing.  Wanted to represent the site more than WA.  And also wanted to get some help with my choice of next rifle.  Votes still pretty even.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top