Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 12/11/2013 12:41:24 PM EST
Finally have my first build (not my 1st AR) complete. Had all the pieces for quite awhile just needed to put the barrel on.
So far I've put 100 rounds through it. Haven't had one hiccup with it yet, it runs like a top. Only issue I had during the assembly was putting the gas block pin in. Holy hell was it tight. Super happy with it, plan on fitting it with an optic of some sort in the near future. My only complaint is that since I've grown a beard the IMOD stock pulls hairs, but I'll figure something out to fix that (and it ain't gonna be shaving), maybe some tape.
As far as accuracy goes I've been making keyhole shots with it all day from the prone. I naturally had to adjust the sights a little but really it wasn't that far off.

Here is the parts list:
Noveske upper and lower
Noveske Recon 16 in. barrel
BattleComp 2.0
Noveske stamped Troy BUIS
Daniel Defense 12 in. Omega X rail
BCM Gunfighter charging handle
Magpul MIAD grip
Daniel Defense LPK and Bolt
VLTOR IMOD buttstock

Pic:

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:58:40 PM EST
Originally Posted By rtl2j:
Finally have my first build (not my 1st AR) complete. Had all the pieces for quite awhile just needed to put the barrel on.
So far I've put 100 rounds through it. Haven't had one hiccup with it yet, it runs like a top. Only issue I had during the assembly was putting the gas block pin in. Holy hell was it tight. Super happy with it, plan on fitting it with an optic of some sort in the near future. My only complaint is that since I've grown a beard the IMOD stock pulls hairs, but I'll figure something out to fix that (and it ain't gonna be shaving), maybe some tape.
As far as accuracy goes I've been making keyhole shots with it all day from the prone. I naturally had to adjust the sights a little but really it wasn't that far off.

Here is the parts list:
Noveske upper and lower
Noveske Recon 16 in. barrel
BattleComp 2.0
Noveske stamped Troy BUIS
Daniel Defense 12 in. Omega X rail
BCM Gunfighter charging handle
Magpul MIAD grip
Daniel Defense LPK and Bolt
VLTOR IMOD buttstock

Pic:

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j389/marine03311/IMG_0503.jpg

View Quote
Nice build. Ever thought of using the EE here to trade for an LMT or B5 SOPMOD stock? Same cheek weld, beard snag-free design.

LMT:

B5:

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:00:49 PM EST
Nice build, enjoy.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:02:20 PM EST
I had the same issue with a Noveske 14.5" recently.. oddly enough.. It went in easier from the opposite side.
Don't ask me why, but ya we spent awhile on that one too.

Nice build, quality barrel!
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:12:46 PM EST
Thanks for the compliments.
Yeah GSL I had originally intended to get a sopmod I went for the VLTOR strictly because of price. Though after losing a few hairs I very well may decide to get the SOPMOD after all.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:29:58 PM EST
looks good...
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:33:49 PM EST
nice and simple great look!
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:23:12 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Yeah GSL I had originally intended to get a sopmod I went for the VLTOR strictly because of price. Though after losing a few hairs I very well may decide to get the SOPMOD after all.
View Quote

The b5 sopmod is under 100 bucks at most places.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:57:34 PM EST
Originally Posted By nateebobo:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nateebobo:

dsg just had the b5 enhanced for $49

nice build by the way
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:29:06 PM EST
Nice color combo for a nice piece!

Enjoy
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:41:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/11/2013 5:49:27 PM EST by rtl2j]
That B5 looks really promising, this is honestly the first time I've seen it. If I could A: find one and B: find it in FDE I would pick one up. Gonna have to keep my eye out.

edit: found one, may pick it up in the "enhanced" version.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:04:08 PM EST
That B5 looks really promising, this is honestly the first time I've seen it. If I could A: find one and B: find it in FDE I would pick one up. Gonna have to keep my eye out.

edit: found one, may pick it up in the "enhanced" version.
View Quote
I've found it useful to window shop as well as keeping my options open while keeping an eye out for different products at New AR Products, Soldier Systems, Military Morons, and The Firearm Blog.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:26:47 PM EST
Very nice. Something to be proud of.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:13:33 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/12/2013 2:19:33 AM EST by AR_DIESEL]
Just to clarify, when you say it's making key hole shots, do you mean your shots are touching? The bullets aren't tumbling and hitting paper long ways?

ETA: I'm sure you mean the former, but I'm working on a noveske build and I've never heard anything but they have great barrels. Great looking rifle too!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:47:56 AM EST
Originally Posted By AR_DIESEL:
Just to clarify, when you say it's making key hole shots, do you mean your shots are touching? The bullets aren't tumbling and hitting paper long ways?

ETA: I'm sure you mean the former, but I'm working on a noveske build and I've never heard anything but they have great barrels. Great looking rifle too!
View Quote

Yeah I'm saying that from a good stable position I can get a 5 shot group that are all touching each other. I'll post some pics of some groups later on.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:58:10 AM EST

Yeah I'm saying that from a good stable position I can get a 5 shot group that are all touching each other. I'll post some pics of some groups later on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR_DIESEL:

Nice! What distance?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:17:09 AM EST
That looks great! Well done.
Top Top