BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2003 5:06:00 PM EDT
Hi y'all,

Finally got my first AR yesterday!!hen
Gotta give props to the CMP for helping me get it for just over half retail price he hi guys!  The FFL who did the transfer for me and LOANED ME A 30 ROUND MAG hi
I would have broken it in today, but already had a date with my wife and tickets for the 12:20 Astros game (GO ASTROS!! KICKED BUTT ON THE CUBS TODAY).  I'll be out with it tomorrow, and hopefully have it at the service rifle match next Sat.

Besides all the warnings about the progressions of my newly acquired disease, anybody have any tips etc?  I'll probably try to get to the big gun show at the Reliant Center next Sun. to pick up some mags, sight covers, and ????

Comments and advice welcome...
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Ammo. Don't forget the ammo. Without it you have a bat! And for god's sake, buy some quality ammo. Get yourself a spotting scope if you plan on doing long distance shooting!
Welcome to the sickness!
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#2]
HighStrung1,
Yep, I thought of that...The club I shoot with sells xm193 for $4 a box for match use (so far I've just been shooting @ 200 yds) and as soon as I can, I'm gonna order some of that Hornady remanufactured .223 w/ the 75 gr hpbt.  If I can get ahold of 1000 of those, they oughta last me 'til I can get set up to roll my own... Good advice, though...I'd better pick some up soon...
edited to say  Oh yeah, what do y'all think about the deal on a Coleman spotting scope for $200 on jarheadtop.com?
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#3]
www.ammoman.com i just bought another 2 1000rd cases gotta love the XM193 great stuff.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top