Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/22/2005 1:48:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 1:50:14 PM EDT by LonePathfinder]
So I'm planning on adding my first AR to the collection, but I have an issue. I can't decide between an AR-15 in some flavor or an AR-10. Eventually I'd like to have some of both, but which should I get first? I'd like to keep costs as low as possible no matter what I decide.

Whenever I do get my first AR I am planning to keep it simple:
16"
Flattop with EOTech and BUIS of some flavor
Military style 4 or 6 pos stock

No rails, lights or any other go fast (and heavy) gear.

BTW if anyone has any "recipes" for building cheap, quality ARs please post them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:54:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 1:54:25 PM EDT by Blanco_Diablo]
Superior Arms, Stag, or Mega lower, Del-Ton 16" rifle kit, and they also sell EOTechs and BUIS's...Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:03:01 PM EDT
keep quality in mind, don't go too cheap.but man I gotta build me a 308.damn this habbit is a killer
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:34:15 PM EDT
Build your own lower receiver, and pick up a used upper and you are as cheap as you can get.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:40:39 PM EDT
Bushmaster , colt, RRA go the the websites and check out there 16" setups, nuff said.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:36:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stickman:
Build your own lower receiver, and pick up a used upper and you are as cheap as you can get.

Stickman,

Please let me know if I'm missing something, but going to ADCO's website, if I price out a stripped lower, lower parts kit, and a stock, I'm right about the same price as buying a fully assembled lower (within $15). If that's the case, I'd rather go for the assembled lower.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:42:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NotMrWizard:

Stickman,

Please let me know if I'm missing something, but going to ADCO's website, if I price out a stripped lower, lower parts kit, and a stock, I'm right about the same price as buying a fully assembled lower (within $15). If that's the case, I'd rather go for the assembled lower.

Thanks!

You can find a few different stripped lowers for around $85-100 and then get a LPK from Del-Ton (made by DPMS) for $48. Or just get a lower and buy a kit, which consists of the LPK, stock, complete upper, and B/BC/CH group. That's everything you need for about $300 less than buying a complete rifle from RRA or Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:48:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:

Originally Posted By NotMrWizard:

Stickman,

Thanks!

You can find a few different stripped lowers for around $85-100 and then get a LPK from Del-Ton (made by DPMS) for $48. Or just get a lower and buy a kit, which consists of the LPK, stock, complete upper, and B/BC/CH group. That's everything you need for about $300 less than buying a complete rifle from RRA or Bushmaster.

Got it. Thanks! I should have said that pricing was for RRA stuff.
Top Top