Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 10:41:26 AM EDT
Hello, I sold my Mini 14 that i'd owned for 20+ years, 4 months ago. Now i feel naked without it and want to replace it, decided to try an AR15.
LOTS of reading on here. In my price range, i've decided on the M&P15T (max price range), or Stag Arms Model 2T.
Would consider the Daniel Defense XV M4 with the Omega rail IF it had a flip down rear sight..i'm sure i'll put a Eotech on whatever gun i end up with, reason for flip down rear sight, and still have backup sights!
Are there any other brands i should look at that has the same features of the above guns?
Also, where is "the Chart" i keep reading about on here? i've searched, but cant find it.
anybody have a link?
Thanks for your time.

Wayne
Ardmore, Ok.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:56:29 AM EDT
[#1]
the CHART

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:02:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't rule out building one. Out of the options you listed, I would go DD.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:16:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Welcome to Team. All your choices so far are good ones
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:23:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I love my Stag model 2. However, from what you listed, I would probably go the DD (with Omega) then the Stag. If all that's stopping you on the DD is the rear sight, you can always sell it and get something different. JMHO.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#5]
stag 2T is a great gun, never owned a dd though so i cannot comment on them.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:31:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Of your choices I would go with Daniel Defense. Other options that you should look at in that price range is Bravo Company, Colt, and Spikes. In my opinion these are all  better options than

the S&W or Stag (not to say that are bad choices). I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you choose though, just make sure to post pics when you get it
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:37:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to the forum and to Team!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:17:30 PM EDT
[#8]
owning both a mini-14 and an AR, i can say you will LOVE the way an AR shoots! i cant say which gun you should go with but i love my stag model 2.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#9]
theyre all good guns and they will all have a warranty.  if it was me, i'd get a bare bones rifle like the m&p and add to it as you see the need. . . ive had rifles set up all different sorts of ways, and i really like a standard M4 clone with an eotech the most.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#10]
What do you want to use it for?

The makes and models you have listed are excellent choices.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Fixed BUIS work great with the Eotech. If that was your only reason for not getting the DD, you could always sell the rear sight and buy a BUIS. Magpul sells them for about $30.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Another satisfied Stag 2T owner here
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Welcome aboard.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:59:00 PM EDT
[#14]
1 post and already a team member, dude you rock  That being said i woudl lean towards the Stag 2t, its a wonderful rifle and dependable (my close friend has a lefty).  However, the smith is another great ar, good luck.
eta: if you want a few more choices look at bravo company, rock river, in the current price range.  For a little more $ though you could have a LaRue, Noveske, or LMT,  which are "top tier"
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:15:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the replies, and the welcome!
And Frens thx. for the "Chart" link.
The gun will be used to protect me and my Family, as well as to plink and target shoot... i just love shooting.
Has been my favorite hobby for 30+ years. it will get shot alot.
Reliable and accurate is how i like em'. So most of you feel the Daniel Defense XV M4 w/omega rail is a good buy for 1300 dollars?
I'm 48, but new guns get me as excited as a kid with a new toy...I guess they do all of us like that!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#16]
hahaa, yes, being a team member was great for me because i like to do lots of research and the unlocked search function
was a plus. also had to grab a cap with the bolt logo, and a black "molon Labe" T.  I want one of these rifles before Christmas so back to saving, searching, reading, wishing...
Also i can tell this is a great forum, with great people. and not so stuck up, like alot of other forums.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Welcome to the BRD....i bought just "One Ar" and next thing ya know....scopes, mounts, aimpoint, rails, ammo, Another AR...now building my first SBR...want a Suppressor.....and, and
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top