Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2005 9:03:15 AM EDT
I bought my first AR15 yesterday.  I got a Bushmaster, 14.5" with welded on Y comp.  It's in the post ban setup with the pinned stock, no bayo lug, and welded compensator.  It's got the flat top reciever with the carry handle.  It ran $775 before taxes and whatnot.  Got a few 30 rounders for $10 with it as well.  Finally had the balls to buck up and put the cash into it.  Walked out with the rifle, magazines, and 500 rounds of ammo for around $900.

I took it to the girlfriends farm yesterday and threw about 250 rounds through it.  Works like a charm.  I heard the compensators add a bit of noise to the gun but DAMN how
I'll post pics hopefully later tonight.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:25:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Pics are always nice  h.gif
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:27:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on the new rifle, but I'm curious as to what made you go with a postban weapon.  I didn't think your state had an AWB.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:39:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I am attending school in Michigan and am a resident of Minnesota.  Neither have bans.  After much thought, I decided I can always buy a new collapsing stock when I save up a few extra pennies.  As far as the lug goes, I don't see a need for stabbing anything in the near future.  The only thing that I can't do much about is the compensator.  I don't see me changing them much in the future so I figure for the time being a post ban barrel isn't much of an inconvenience.  Impatience I guess kept me from holding out for a pre-ban setup.  With the flash compensator welded on I don't see it being a huge problem for now.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top