Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2018 12:44:55 PM EDT
This is my first time around, and I'm on a bit of a budget. Later on when I have more expertise, and know how to spend it ... I'll put more money in. For now ... mid-range, not-junk is fine.

So, I'm building an AR carbine, for (hopefully never) defensive use under 200m.

I am considering the Vortex SPR-200 Spitfire Prism Scope 1x-AR. Vortex Product Page

I like this design, and the convenience of AAA battery usage. It's important for it to to be 1x so I can have both eyes open while engaging. And the street price of $249 sounds about right for my budget.

Am I on the right track here? Is this the right tool for the job? Have others had a good experience with this optic?

Thanks,
--K
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I went ahead w the Spitfire AR
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 11:02:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Not a bad choice. I would also have considered Primary Arms
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 7:59:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Palmetto has a pretty rocking deal for a holosun that comes with some other swag for around that price. I own a holosun and they’re good to go in my book. Maybe check out the sig Romeo as well.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#4]
The advantage of the Prism optic is if you have a-stigma and red dot sights appear blurry or odd shaped.  Many people can visually see the Prism sight clearly where they can’t a traditional red dot sight.   The reticle on a prism sight is etched in the lense so it can be seen when not turned on.   The biggest disadvantage of a prism sight is the physical size compared to some red dot sights.   Prism sights in my experience are durable and some people like the larger tube compared to the micro dots like the Aimpoint T-1, PA advanced Micro Dot or Vortex SPARC or SPARC AR.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top