Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/19/2007 3:35:26 PM EDT
Did I dream it, or is Fiocchi now making Mil-Spec ammo for Uncle Sam?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:53:03 PM EDT
I wouldn't doubt it. Overall they make good stuff.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:16:50 PM EDT
OK guys/ladies chime in. This is NOT an idle question. If they do, I may be able to score a little; say 2 or 3 million rounds, and I'm willing to share. But, I need to know if it's worth pursuing. While we're on the subject, which low end foreign ammo is most desireable other than Wolf; if they can't ship, it doesn't matter what it's like.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:29:46 PM EDT
I bought a few boxes of the Fiocci ammo. It is good but not "mil spec". It is probably close to M193.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:32:58 PM EDT
How far under MIL-SPEC, and I still don't have an answer to my original question; in which case Fiocchi is making some ammo which IS Mil-Spec, including 855.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:33:46 PM EDT
I would guess your next step would be marketing surveys.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:08:33 PM EDT
That's what I thought I was doing here, getting unbiased, informed opinions.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:32:19 PM EDT
In regards to affordable, decent ammo, hey I'm all for it. If you can put it together do it. One post on this website does not a make a survey. Pose the same question to every shooting forum you can think of and put the numbers together. For the right price I'm in.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:09:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gabriel_30:
That's what I thought I was doing here, getting unbiased, informed opinions.

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:42:04 PM EDT
they do make 5.56 , the nato ammo is made in Ital , the fiocchi thats made in the USA is regular 223. from the research that i have done this is what i have found out about the ammo.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:34:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AROKIE:
they do make 5.56 , the nato ammo is made in Ital , the fiocchi thats made in the USA is regular 223. from the research that i have done this is what i have found out about the ammo.

Are you sure it's made in the US? Just because the company'e name has USA in it doesn't mean they make anythig here. I'd be surprised if they actually made anything at all. More likely they sub the manufacture out.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:02:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ElrodCod:

Are you sure it's made in the US? Just because the company'e name has USA in it doesn't mean they make anythig here. I'd be surprised if they actually made anything at all. More likely they sub the manufacture out.

they have a plant in MO.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:03:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ElrodCod:

There are 2 Fiocchi's.....one manufactured in Italy (5.56) and the other manufactured in the U.S. (Illinois???, I know the plant is midwest). The U.S. stuff (as mentioned earlier) is .223 and comes in boxes of 50.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:15:49 AM EDT
Most of their pistol ammo is mfg in Hungary.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:34:30 AM EDT
i bought 2 boxes of the 556 and its pretty good stuff.. i like it
Top Top