Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2009 7:20:18 PM EDT
I decided it was time to get an AR after the election.  After joining this site, I decided to build.

Bought two lowers from Essential Arms that were delivered New Years Eve.  Bought the complete Bushmaster upper and six position stock, buffer and spring from PKFirearms.  What quick great service.  Bought a lower parts kit off of EE from Rwf01.

Put everything together tonight after work.  I shot the pivot pin detent around the room a few times before I ended up shortening the spring a little to make it work.  The rest went together great.  

I used the Craftsman plier to install the roll pins.

I took a picture, but can't find the pig tail to download to the computer.  I know it doesn't count without the picture.  Will post later.

Summary:

Essential Arms lower
CMMG lower parts kit
Six position stock, buffer and spring
20" Bushmaster A4 upper with carry handle
Rock River Arms Bolt Carrier Group

Now waiting on a Del-Ton kit for my other lower.  I undersand about Black Rifle Disease now.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 12:27:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I find myself in a similar position. I have always wanted an AR to emulate my service M16 from my time in the Marines, though with some significant modifications. I grabbed up some Lowers and went to buying parts. Currently waiting on a few shipments from M&A to ship out and a few others from M&A, LOSOK, Bravo Company, and others already shipped to arrive. When all is said and done, I will have completely finished at least two rifles possibly three in less than 4 weeks from first hearing about a place to order lower receivers to having the rifles on the firing line.

The parts are out there, you just have to look.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top