Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/9/2018 9:27:08 PM EDT
Purchased this optic about 12 months ago, was somewhat disappointed with the daylight bright, or lack there of, and put the optic aside. installed it on a new rifle that I was trying out and i found out that the optic is not that bad, actually I really am starting to like it a lot

I am 60 in August and do not wear glasses except for reading and the diopter adjustment is really good. I am starting to have trouble with the ACOGs due to lack of diopter adjustment

Was shooting past weekend and did a box test at 50 yards and this scope was dead on, made a perfect box and back to the starting point.

It is light weight, the 1X is not that bad and it now sits on a DD V7 SLW rifle.

I am considering purchasing some more for rifles that need optics.

Link Posted: 5/10/2018 5:34:08 PM EDT
Yeah, same here. I was disappointed in the brightness but still enjoy using it out to 300m at the local range.

I use the mil crosshair reticle which one did you get?
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 6:04:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 77Bronc:
Purchased this optic about 12 months ago, was somewhat disappointed with the daylight bright, or lack there of, and put the optic aside. installed it on a new rifle that I was trying out and i found out that the optic is not that bad, actually I really am starting to like it a lot

I am 60 in August and do not wear glasses except for reading and the diopter adjustment is really good. I am starting to have trouble with the ACOGs due to lack of diopter adjustment

Was shooting past weekend and did a box test at 50 yards and this scope was dead on, made a perfect box and back to the starting point.

It is light weight, the 1X is not that bad and it now sits on a DD V7 SLW rifle.

I am considering purchasing some more for rifles that need optics.

Maybe a dumb question but do you have the Fiber optic cover open the whole way? I have a 1-4 and a 3-9 and i almost always need to turn the fiber optics down when I'm shooting outside in the sun for being too bright.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 6:13:16 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
View Quote
Accupower is battery powered.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 7:10:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Lemonjello:
Yeah, same here. I was disappointed in the brightness but still enjoy using it out to 300m at the local range.

View Quote
I have the circle BDC in green, when the green can be seen, it is nice and bright. But on a bright day, it is washed out.

Regardless, the scope is growing on me. If I get another one, will be the same reticle but in red.

I am learning to standardize on my rifles, same trigger, similar scopes, same bipod, same ammo and suppressors....this is more than OCD, but rather familiarity and repetitive motor skills

Link Posted: 5/10/2018 7:22:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/10/2018 7:22:56 PM EDT by acogta110]
77, it is OCD. Most of us have it. No big deal.

I have 4 of just about every weapon I own. Same scope, same trigger, same configuration.

It is a disease. But, it is better than drinking, over eating, or cheating on the wife.
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 7:29:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By acogta110:

I have 4 of just about every weapon I own. Same scope, same trigger, same configuration.

It is a disease. But, it is better than drinking, over eating, or cheating on the wife.
View Quote
all, sorry I was thinking accupoint. that's on me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 5:21:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/11/2018 5:22:26 AM EDT by 77Bronc]
Originally Posted By acogta110:

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 8:42:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Lemonjello:

View Quote
I had the green segmented version, sold it for a Steiner P4xi and never looked back. Had I bought the "Mil Crosshair" version, I would probably still have it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 5:01:32 PM EDT
The red reticile is supposed to be a lot brighter than the green. Still not aimpoint/razor/Steiner bright but a solid improvement.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 11:09:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By G3k:
The red reticile is supposed to be a lot brighter than the green. Still not aimpoint/razor/Steiner bright but a solid improvement.
View Quote
Not in the 4x version. You're thinking the 8x. The 1-4x both get washed out (red/green). Green 8x gets washed out...red 8x is daylight bright.
Top Top