Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/19/2008 5:49:15 PM EDT
Got my T-1/Arms 40 combo from Smartgunner today.  I thought I was having a good day as I only ordered it Friday, it was shipped yesterday from the other side of my home city, and I received it today via USPS.  I thought I was having really good luck because I live in an apartment and the box would not have fit in my mailbox.  I arrived just as the mail person was wrapping up and got my stuff.

Then I begin to take the screws out of the factory T-1 low mount and immediately strip the first screw I try to take out.  I'm not idiot, I've handled plenty of screws in my lifetime and it took almost ZERO force to strip the stupid thing.  The rest came out fine.  For the life of my I could not get the stupid screw out so I had to resort to a cutting blade on a dremel to cut a slot into the allen head screw and then use a screwdriver to get the screw out.  I had to slightly cut the bottom of the low mount to do this.  Oh well, it won't affect my low mounts function should I need it, and I don't ever plan on using it anyway.  The LaRue LT660 went on just fine - and uses beafier allen head screws as well.

Pic...

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#1]
so you stripped one screw that you wont ever use again? is that correct?

oh well, live and learn.

nice setup you have there
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top