Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 10/27/2003 4:23:22 AM EDT
I know there are a Lot of Great Butt Stocks coming out these days and I have looked at many of them, But I from a personal note Am not a fan of the Collapsible Butt stocks and the check weld they provide. I have always been more of a Fan of the standard A2, because until now thats all there was.
Last week I purchased an ARFX fixed stock from dcobra23 (great guy btw), when it arrived i put it on the Bushy Carbine and headed to the range. DAMN!!!!!!! excuse my french but DAMN, this is an Awsome stock. Its stream line design was easy to shoulder with or without a vest. Due to its smaller overall size it was very easy to shoot from all positions. I was highly impressed. I am very interested in this new adjustible one they have coming out as well, it looks like its just as solid. One small thing I also liked is that the stock made the rifle sound different, The Closed cell foam on the Buffer tube Dampened the infamous "twang" of the spring in the Buffer tube. I liked that. One thing though that occured to me that may be a Bit of a pit fall (well have to see) is the closed cell foam may be susceptible to tears while crawling through the Brush and undergrowth.
100mph tape can provide a temporary fix in the field but Im probably going to purchase some extra covers.
Great stock guys. If your thinking about buying one DO IT!!!!! you wont regret it.
chuck
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:02:18 AM EDT
I have read about gents using paracord wrapped on the stock instead of the foam. I like the looks of the para wrapped ACE stock but I'll still take my Magpul stock everytime.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 8:19:01 AM EDT
eaglecp, Have you tried the Magpul stock yet? It solves the problems you have with the collapsable stocks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 12:59:17 PM EDT
Have to agree, the Magpul eliminates the cheek weld problem of most collapsible stocks. It also eliminates the wobble all collapsibles have. Cant even say that the only problem with the Magpul is that it has to be put on a pre-ban, because Rich of Magpul said he will set one in any position a postban gun owner wants. On top of that, he said he will change the stock back to an adjustable one should the laws that keep postban owners from having them go away next year. As I recall, he said he would do this for free because he thought the law was dumb or something to that effect. Im sure the ARFX stock is great, and I dont mean to get off topic. But I did want to mention the above about the Magpul for those who may not already know.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 2:53:27 PM EDT
[headbang]MAGPUL It rocks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 3:29:41 PM EDT
Guess what's protecting the buffer tube on that ARFX stock? Foam. I also think the foam might be nice for a bench gun, but I wonder how well it would hold up being dragged around the woods. Don't get me wrong. I actually bought one of these stocks. Mine happened to be damaged (butt pad was canted to the right). I returned the stock and went with a standard A2.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 3:40:06 PM EDT
I have a Vltor stock on my M4gery, and like it a lot. But, after playing with a Magpul while at Gunstock, I would have to say it's the Shizznit!
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 3:53:59 PM EDT
VLTOR
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 4:01:28 PM EDT
I've been VERY happy with my Ace stock. [img]http://home.quixnet.net/~mcress/angle.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 4:17:32 PM EDT
Slumlord, Could you post a closeup of your paracord wrap job? That looks better (and more functional) that the ones I've seen with knots all over the place. Thanks, Scot
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:25:15 PM EDT
Here you go: [img]http://home.quixnet.net/~mcress/long.jpg[/img] [img]http://home.quixnet.net/~mcress/takedown.jpg[/img] [img]http://home.quixnet.net/~mcress/whole.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:10:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/28/2003 5:12:29 AM EDT by eaglecp]
Slumlord, VERY COOL, May have to try that! new-arguy and DevL I agree completely the Magpul Does eliminate the shortfalls of the collapsible stock and I do Indeed intend on buying one. I remember when they first came out the first thing that caught my eye was the stock retracted from under the main cheek weld area. The Biggest thing I was waiting on with that was it to be abused abit by you guys and to get some feed back on it for awhile, hahahahahahah, I jumped on the Leupy CQT right out of the manufacturer Opening ads and was NOT impressed, had a heck of a time selling it, I've just been waiting and absorbing the fine info from everyone on the board but wanted to let you all know what Ive found about the ARFX. Thanks for the feed back chuck
Top Top