Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 11:07:40 AM EDT
All I know is what I've heard on this board, that it prohibited sales of military ammunition to civilians. I just don't know any of the details of why this was done, or whether it expires at some point. Was this an executive order? Does it ever expire? Why did he do it, besides being a libtard?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Non-expiring executive order prevents USGI surplus to be resold to civilians.

IMO, it is unconstitutional becuase of the well regulated clause of the second amendment.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I may not know all of the fine details, but I will try to answer part of your question. Yes, it was an executive order signed by the President. And it prohibited sales of SURPLUS military ammunition to civilians, once the military accept it and take possession of it. And IIRC if a batch/shipment to not accepted and taken possession of by the military, then it is not classified as surplus, thus is legal to be sold to civilians.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:52:48 AM EDT
[#3]
What was his reasoning behind this executive order? Was it sort of an under the table thing where he didn't really announce it?  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:57:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What was his reasoning behind this executive order? Was it sort of an under the table thing where he didn't really announce it?  

Typical left wing incrementalism. They want to disarm us one little tiny bite at a time.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:24:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Because we lowly peon citizens ought not to be allowed to have that awful armor-piercing ammo that's only good for killing cops (and enemy combatants apparently). Typical liberal gun-grabber fuzzy-thinking.

Bush COULD rescind it by writing an executive order revoking the previous one, but he hasn't shown any interest...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:24:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Unless my rudimentary knowledge of political science is incorrect in this aspect, Bush could issue an Executive Order to counter Clinton's Executive Order. Historically, Presidents tend to issue tons of Executive Orders at the end of their term, particularly two-term Presidents.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:46:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Unless my rudimentary knowledge of political science is incorrect in this aspect, Bush could issue an Executive Order to counter Clinton's Executive Order. Historically, Presidents tend to issue tons of Executive Orders at the end of their term, particularly two-term Presidents.

Also, it is rare for a President to issue and EO that revokes another President's EO. The EO is a tool that is used by the President, but many believe it is Unconstitutional. No President will overtly abuse the EO else they could loose the power.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Any source for the EO number?  I'd like to see both the text and any references it takes from other sources.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Here it is verbatm:

I, Assclown Bill Clinton, outlaw taxpayers to buy back what they've already payed for and we don't need anymore.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Here it is verbatm:

I, Assclown Bill Clinton, outlaw taxpayers to buy back what they've already payed for and we don't need anymore.

Well put
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here it is verbatm:

Well put

+1K+
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Here it is verbatm:

I saw this pic of Bill the otherday, rumor has it this was just before he issued that EO.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:52:40 PM EDT
[#13]
+ 1 !

I also just learned Billy destroyed 75,000 perfectly fine M-14 "we" the govmint owned on his watch.

DAMN!

The bugger did not want DCM to get them.

DOUBLE-DAMN!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:58:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Didnt he sign into law an assault weapons ban a few years ago too. Nothing like taking a giant crap on the constitution.

If he was dying in the street I wouldnt consider helping him. Actually I would probably kick him a few times, spit on him, and then step over him.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Didnt he sign into law an assault weapons ban a few years ago too. Nothing like taking a giant crap on the constitution.

If he was dying in the street I wouldnt consider helping him. Actually I would probably kick him a few times, spit on him, and then step over him.

You forgot to piss on him, unless of course he was on fire, then it would be "let'er burn baby".
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I forgot about that.  It was him!  Another BIG reason to dislike him.  This is my nightly prayer.

Dear God please don't let Bills wife get elected President.  I have been good.  Please God hear my prayer.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry had to do it...

IBTL!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:26:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Here it is verbatm:

Perhaps the funniest thing I've read in a while.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top