Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2003 9:23:00 AM EDT

On my new flat-top M4 upper, I purchased a ARMS #40 and a GG&G Scout rail to go in front of it (yes, I posted here first, and was assured that this would work.)

Well, it doesn't quite work.  There is a millimeter or two of flat-top rail blocking the forward GG&G screw from fully entering the hole.  So, given that this is the setup I want to run, I'm going to have to take a little bit of the metal off the back of the GG&G rail in order for it to seat a little further back against the ARMS #40.

What is the best way to do this?  I've got both metal files and a dremel tool.  I don't need to take a lot of metal off the back, and I really don't want it to be a sloppy job.  Anyone ever done this before or have some pointers for me?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 8:46:16 PM EDT
[#1]
If you need to take of metal from the back of the GG&G rail I would find a local machine shop or gunsmith and have it trimmed on a milling machine.
Have you tried mounting the rail then the #40?

STS
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 6:30:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Yep, I tried mounting the rail first, but that only left the locking bar on the #40 with not enough room to clear the flat-top rail.  I'll have to get a gunsmith to see what he can do for me.  Just shaving a little off the back should do the trick
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top