Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2003 7:23:17 PM EDT
I am somewhat patiently waiting for my first AR to arrive, let's call it an A3 Bushy Disssipator with some mods.
It will be used for 3 gun matches and as a family trainer.
I am thinking of using the Benny Cooley adjustable handle mount that puts a red dot forward of the carry handle (yes I said I have an A3 due in). I would use a BSA or Tasco until I can get an EOtech.
The logic? I can use the co-witnessed dot when appropiate, remove the BC mount and use the irons for USPSA where I shoot Limited (iron sights). Or, when I feel a benefit, I could use a quick release mounted scope. Everything is modular and return to zero.
Open to suggestions and thanks in advance.
                     Tom
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds to me like you're all set to take full advantage of one of the ARs' best qualities; ie: versatility. Run with it!
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:26:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Works for me too. You'll want to upgrade your scope before attempting to get too serious [:)] but most scopes will outshoot most shooters.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the encouragement, ye gents of several thousand posts.
After reading the thread " Two Minute Drill at Thunder Ranch", I realized one down side would be the extra weight with the carry handle and  a forward mount.
Hmm, hmm... is this why you all have so many AR's?
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:45:06 PM EDT
[#4]
"Feel Free to Chime In On How Stupid This Idea Is"

Now if only my supervisors at work ever asked us that question...
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 11:09:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks for the encouragement, ye gents of several thousand posts.
After reading the thread " Two Minute Drill at Thunder Ranch", I realized one down side would be the extra weight with the carry handle and  a forward mount.
Hmm, hmm... is this why you all have so many AR's?
View Quote

Yep... You can't stop at just one.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top