Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 2:04:19 PM EDT
Hey everyone...Whenever I chamber a round with my LMT upper, I notice that the rounds get scraped up pretty good.  It looks like my feedramps are not perfectly lined up with the barrel extension, but I can't imagine it would have this much of an effect.  Here are some pictures of a scatched round and my feedramps.  Does this look normal?

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:29:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:18:16 AM EDT
[#2]
That is COMPLETELY NORMAL!

The ammo is fine.  And the feedramp alignment thing was covered at great length in a recent thread.

DON'T WASTE ANOTHER SECOND WORRYING!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:04:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#4]
mine does it too.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, thanks guys.  I just wasn't sure if it was going to affect accuracy or anything.  I figured my feedramps weren't too terribly out of alignment.  I mean hell, this is a battle rifle for cryin out loud!  Thanks for making me feel more at ease.  It's just as well...I like posting pictures.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#6]
nice picture of M4 feed ramps tho :)
btw both my AR's do it one with M4 ramps and one with out.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm having the same issue with a new Bushmaster barrel I just installed.

Could someone post the link to that recent thread, I'd be interested in reading it.

Can the locking lugs be deburred or opened and if so what would be the best method without compromising their function?

My upper does not have the M4 feed ramps as pictured above.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
mine does it too.

mine too.........not as bad though.  never had a problem though
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top