Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2004 7:18:15 AM EDT
Anyone ever deal with Robinson Arms?? Their new XCR rifle looks like a winner...
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:25:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I own a Vepr & did own a M96. The M96 had several problems. Their customer support was excellent for me. I even talked to Alex (the owner).

A common complaint heard against RA is that M96 has had several ‘upgrades’ (ex. Operating Rod) since it came out. Many felt that these were defects & RA should have fixed them for free.  Also, Alex can come across as arrogant & defensive on some of the forums. He was  nice to me when I called & listened to my problems.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:33:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I've owned two...an Expeditionary Rifle and the Recon.  Unreliable, fragile, and tend to lose value rather quickly.  Got rid of those and now have AR's and am much happier.  My advice...avoid RA.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:13:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks...
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:14:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Overpriced.  Get a Bushy, Colt, Armalite, or RRA AR.  You'll be better served and have money left over for ammo and mags, well at least with Bushy, Armalite, or RRA.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:31:15 AM EDT
[#5]
RA pushes the alleged problems with the AR-15/M16 gas system very hard - they have a better idea(?).

I personally, am not aware of any outstanding problems with the firearm's design although, if you are trying to sell your own design then all AR's are a problem.

The XCR will sell for about $1100.00
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#6]
If RA takes the lessons learned from the M96, the XCR should be a great weapon.  However, I'm going to let someone else do the R&D for him this time.  I can't afford another 2300 rds & $300 lost in selling the M96 to let them know what the flaws are in a new weapon.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If RA takes the lessons learned from the M96, the XCR should be a great weapon.  However, I'm going to let someone else do the R&D for him this time.  I can't afford another 2300 rds & $300 lost in selling the M96 to let them know what the flaws are in a new weapon.

I could afford to, but I won't after my experiences with my M96 in both the Rifle and Recon carbine version. They both were a PITA to zero the irons and accuracy was  very so so. My changable barrel carbine is now based on an LMT MRP CQB. We will see about the XCR.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I own a Vepr & did own a M96. The M96 had several problems. Their customer support was excellent for me. I even talked to Alex (the owner).
A common complaint heard against RA is that M96 has had several ‘upgrades’ (ex. Operating Rod) since it came out. Many felt that these were defects & RA should have fixed them for free.  Also, Alex can come across as arrogant & defensive on some of the forums. He was  nice to me when I called & listened to my problems.

"Upgrades" is a very loose term as its being applied. I have not been following the M96 since I sold mine, but whatever came about the mysterious BC "upgrade"? The only way you knew about the "issue" if you monitor biggerhammer.net continously. Alex may be a fine individual, but as I said in my prior post, someone else is going to have to do a "real" T&E berfore I would even consider looking again.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top