Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2011 7:18:18 PM EDT
I'm looking for the average length of the feed lips from where the case head fits to the rear and measured to the front of the feed lip. I don't need the spacing between the lips.

I measured a P-Mag and came up with ~0.939 and 0.946

The reason I am wondering is because I have one of those KCI korean made beta mags and I have problems when rounds starts to go into singular feed, basically about first 15-20 into the mag or last 15-20 while firing it. The rounds won't feed because it seems like there is too much pressure, but that seems odd when it can feed the first 80 rounds or so no problems.

Anyway Mike Snow of ARMATAC told me by shortening the feed lips it will make the pivot point easier and hence will probably fix the issue. I do appreciate this and it will likely work.

So I can either order a Beta-Co feed tower or start taking off 0.01" at a time off my tower.

So I measured a P mag as I said and I measured the feed Lips on the beta mag is at 1.05+, so it looks like I need to take out about 0.09"

Was wondering if those have C-Mags could measure theirs for me and let me know, or if anyone knows the link to the specifications for the feed lips.

Thanks in advance
Top Top