Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/26/2003 10:20:55 AM EDT
I just purchase a case of Federal packed LC XM193 ammo. Upon inspecting the contents I noticed that some were headstampeed LC 02 and some LC 03.Many of the cases in the box I opened had dings (dents?) around the shoulder area. Also apparent were spots on the brass and the case mouths look like they were cut with a (dull) file. In general the cases kind of look like they were swept up off the floor. Are these some kind of seconds that Federal is selling on the civilian market? I have never seen any surplus ammo that looked so ...ugly. Has anyone else had any experience with this stuff? I sure hope it shoots better than it looks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 10:24:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/26/2003 10:27:19 AM EDT by mr_wilson]
[url]www.ammo-oracle.com[/url] Look for the the thread, [b]"What's all these dents and dings in my ammo?"[/b]. Sorry it's actually: [b]"Q. What is with this goo and the dings on my Lake City Rounds?[/b] BTW - the [b]"Ammo Faq"[/b] will answer all your ammo questions, so pull up a chair and get comfy.... Mike
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:58:35 PM EDT
Thanks for the info. I thought I had read through the FAQs pretty well before but I must have missed that one. I was worried that I made a poor choice in ammo when I saw what was in the box, but if this is normal I'm just going to shoot it and enjoy it. Thanks again.
Top Top