Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2007 6:34:42 PM EDT
I just got done using some 55gr. Fed. VShock.  Seems like it did really well for me. With my Bushnell Trophy dot scope (not the greatest) I just pulled off about 1 MOA!  I was impressed considaring the fact that the dot must have been near 4 MOA round.  The scope im using isnt the greatest and is only temperal until summer time when I get an ACOG , not sure which one yet. Anyway, is Fed. VShock good ammo? How does it compare to 55gr Vmax?
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#1]
If it is the Sierra 55 gr gameking, then yes it is exceedingly good ammo. It is one of the most accurate rounds you can find for slower twist barrels
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#2]
it's very good ammo, is it the flat base HP?
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Its HP but it has plastic sharp tips on it.  it cost me about $20. for a box of 20!  Dont know if its sierra gameking though. So good stuff? Hows it compare to Vmax, anyone know?
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 6:53:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Its HP but it has plastic sharp tips on it.  it cost me about $20. for a box of 20!  Dont know if its sierra gameking though. So good stuff? Hows it compare to Vmax, anyone know?

I didn't even know they made plastic tip HP's.  Sorry I can't help ya out since I don't know about it
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

It sounds like you got the 55 Gr. Nosler Ballistic Tip.  It is very good and comparable to the V-Max.  Enjoy it.  Just shop around and see if you can get a better price.

www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=420571
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Ah, we bought different loadings then. I trust the nosler bullets more than the hornady ones, but that is probably because I used the nosler first. They do pretty much the same job on light game, but in my experience the Nosler is more accurate. For 20 bucks a box, though, there are much better options for any application.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top