Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/6/2014 7:50:05 PM EDT
I am halfheartedly looking to build a 7.62x39, and came across this barrel on AIM's website.  1:8 twist? Is the faster twist used because the barrel is shorter, or am I missing something?

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XFXB105762&name=FAXON+FIREARMS+Light+10.5%22+7.62X39+Caliber+4150+CMV+Steel+AR+Barrel&groupid=2144

http://www.faxonfirearms.com/p/78/ar-15-762x39-105-carbine-length

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 2:01:33 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_121/659589_AIM_has_a_new_line_of_nitrided_barrels__10_5_7_62x39.html
Is faxon a reputable company? There are numerious errors in these listings. I would e mail them and ask if it is really 1-8 and really 1/2"-28 threaded. In the pic on aim you can see it definately looks like bigger threads and then on the link you provided that is NOT a carbine length gas system! Obviously the wrong barrel I don't know if I trust this company.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 9:00:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Wanted to pass this on; I e mailed this "Faxon" character asking about the odd specs, the twist and thread size. Never got a reply. I will not buy ANYTHING from a company that does not reply to e mails!
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I am feeling the same way about Tactical Ambush right now.  Emailed twice, got one reply.  Emailed follow up questions, and silence.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am feeling the same way about Tactical Ambush right now.  Emailed twice, got one reply.  Emailed follow up questions, and silence.
View Quote

This was my experience after I called out the CS rep when he posted MY question to this website. Yeah... Good news is I got the product to work without their help.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:01:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I am about 90% sure the twist rate and thread size is a typo, but fuck'n eh, would you buy from a manufacturer who prints wrong specs and/or won't answer concerns about it?
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:11:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This was my experience after I called out the CS rep when he posted MY question to this website. Yeah... Good news is I got the product to work without their help.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Got a link?

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wanted to pass this on; I e mailed this "Faxon" character asking about the odd specs, the twist and thread size. Never got a reply. I will not buy ANYTHING from a company that does not reply to e mails!
View Quote

Hi,  

I'm building a 7.62x39 pistol and bought a Faxon barrel from AIM Surplus.  I took the chance as I visited the Faxon booth at the Indy gun show, and the barrels on display looked gtg.  The barrels are Nitrided, the barrel threads are 5/8x24, and the twist is 1-8".  I like the specs as I can fool around with heavy subsonics like 0.311 215 grain bullets now.

Best Wishes:

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Faxon is the company that builds the ARAK.  They also sell AR-15 bbls.  Here is a 7.62x39mm bbl on their website:

http://www.faxonfirearms.com/p/78/ar-15-762x39-105-carbine-length
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#9]
My guess is they used those blanks for their .300 Blk barrels and used those same blanks and reamed them to X39mm specs...

They generally seem to make good products and their ARAK products generally get really good reviews...So I find it pretty
surprising that they are/or were not on the ball with questions and emails from customers...

Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Wondering if that twist would be better for the 154 gr SP?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:46:41 PM EDT
[#11]
If the add is not a typo then you should rest assured that a 1/8 will work fine in 7.62x39mm. SKS carbines come with 7.5 twist barrels and they shoot fine.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top