Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/30/2005 5:51:35 AM EDT
What is your favorite soft case for your AR15 and why ?

Thanks, Wodenson
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:08:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Eagle Industries R4123..................It works
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:58:00 AM EDT
[#2]

Any soft-sided discreet case...the Eagle is excellent quality but I'm not a big fan of the mag pouches in with the rifle.  I like the BHI design with the hook and loop feature in the accessory pocket.

You might check these out as well...ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=186186

Good LUck
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:23:08 AM EDT
[#3]
The 36" TAN i-SHOT  TCC (Tac Carbine Case) case.
Just got it from Grant, and this is a superb case, expensive maybe, but cheap compared to what it carries.
From the sertsystem.com website:

TAC CARBINE CASE
Available in lengths of 36", 42" & 46" - Currently only in BLACK & KHAKI  
PALS Webbing both on the insides of the main compartment and the large outside pocket allows you to configure the mount and provides sufficient space for you to attach any of your existing PALS related pouches.  
Height - The height of the case is such that you can mount a fully loaded carbine, with optics / NVD and a 30-rounder, ready to go
Length - These cases are produced with about an additional inch or so in length since feedback we received indicated that most cases are too tight a fit.  
1000 Denier Cordura  
Two Set of External D-Rings allow versatility of strap placement; shoulder carry or quiver carry (rear)  
Non-Slip Padded Strap  
Heavy Duty Steel Hardware & Webbing  
Lockable #10 YKK Zippers
Close Cell Foam with Plastic Inserts - protective padding and the inserts prevent any printing / signature of the carbine  

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:29:06 AM EDT
[#4]
duffle bag.

i can fit a lot of other stuff in there with it.  it'c pretty cheap too.  

nobody ever looks in the duffle bag, they just think "oh it's just a bag with stuff in it".
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I have Galati which I have been satisified with, but I need another and I have been thinking Eagle.  But the TAN i-SHOT TCC (Tac Carbine Case) looks very good.

Seydou
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:20:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Uncle Mike's 42" assault rifle case.  Holds 6 mags, has a accessory pouch, has held up well over time, and with my dealer discount at MidwayUSA I can get them for $20.  Even without my discount they only run around $25, so for the price of one Eagle case I can have 4 UM cases for my 4 AR's and $25 of beer money left over.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I love Eagle. Great stuff.
Maxpedition is good too.

is I-SHOT made in the US or imported ?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Uncle Mike's 42" assault rifle case.  Holds 6 mags, has a accessory pouch, has held up well over time, and with my dealer discount at MidwayUSA I can get them for $20.  Even without my discount they only run around $25, so for the price of one Eagle case I can have 4 UM cases for my 4 AR's and $25 of beer money left over.

I looked at some of the other cases but ended up getting the Uncle Mike's 33-inch case for my 6920.  Like he said, you can buy about 4 of these for the cost of most other cases and I think they're made pretty well (damned well for the price).
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Available in lengths of 36", 42" & 46" - Currently only in BLACK & KHAKI  
Length - These cases are produced with about an additional inch or so in length since feedback we received indicated that most cases are too tight a fit.  

So does that mean that the 36" size measures 37" inside?  I have a 16" with Phantom 5C2 and fixed A1-length stock.  I measure it at 35-3/8" so it should fit in 36", but based on your pic with the closed stock an extended or fixed one wouldn't fit.  I don't really want to go to 42" for it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:22:38 PM EDT
[#10]
No, the case isn't quite 36" wide inside as the picture shows.
However, notice that you can have an A2 with ACOG and a 30 round clip and it still close easily.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:57:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Not really a soft case and apparently no longer available, the Winchester WH-3 Breakdown Shotgun Case,a polyester/PVC  metal reinforced "hard" case, is my other favorite, padded with velcro tie downs.
It's particularly trim, at 33.75 inches long.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have Galati which I have been satisified with  ....

Seydou

+1
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:39:21 AM EDT
[#14]

No, the case isn't quite 36" wide inside as the picture shows.

I was just about to order one of those too.  He needs to make a 37" or 38" size for the non-collapsable ones.  How close to 36" is it inside?  Looks like only 34" in the picture.

Not really a soft case and apparently no longer available, the Winchester WH-3 Breakdown Shotgun Case

Doskosport makes a similar case, but without the tie downs.  I looked at one when Dick's was selling off all of Galyan's stuff cheap and it would be a good fit for a carbine, but I decided I wanted something with more room for magazines and other accessories.  And I have one of the bigger ones in that style and it doesn't squeeze the rifle quite tight enough to keep it from shifting down to the bottom when on edge.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:57:53 AM EDT
[#15]

I like one with the zipper on the left side (I'm right handed). That way I can stand to the left and remove/replace the rifle without crossing over. It's very important at rifle shoots where the rifle is cased until you are at the firing line.

Sadly the majority of cases have right side zippers. Happily they usually have all sorts of other problems so it makes bad cases easy to avoid. It just means I have to pay top dollar for all my good cases.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Got myself an Eagle case for my full size Bushmaster. But gonna look at something like the Tac carbine case for my next AR15, which will be a carbine. Thanks for your input.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:53:37 PM EDT
[#17]
tagged
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I know that there are varying opinions of Blackhawk products on this board, but I love my 35" Discreet case.

Edited to add pics:

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:11:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Nice blackhawk bag.

Max
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Nice blackhawk bag.

Max

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:37:44 AM EDT
[#21]
I picked up an Allen assault rifle case from the local Gander Mountain for $29. So far it is holding up very well. Has 4 magazine pockets that actually will hold two Ar mags in each pocket. Has a zippered storage area at the front outside. And will hold an Ar w/mag with no trouble or scoped and no mag. I did not see the point in spending over $50 for a soft case, hard case yes. I like it a lot so far.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:43:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Those I-shot cases are NICE!

I also use Pelican hard cases, but those things can get heavy real quick, but if you have something you need/want to protect it's the only way to go, IMHO.

A real NICE and CHEAP soft case is the one from Bulldog.  It's not discreet by any means but I really like the padding and the interior feel is nice, plus the interior is black so when it gets oil and powder residue all over it you really can't see it.  The interior is its best feature.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top