Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2008 6:18:27 PM EDT
Too bad Armalite, DPMS and POF don't make standard parts for the .308 flavored AR.  If they did, my build would have the following components/attributes.

Lower receiver
- Billet machined 7075-T6 aluminum
- LMT LPK with upgraded bolt stop to handle greater BCG mass
- Gesissele high-speed 2-stage trigger
- LMT SOPMOD adjustable stock
- ERGO grip
- DPMS/SR-25 mags

Upper receiver
- Billet machined 7075-T6 aluminum with the interior silicone nickel plated
- A4 flat-top profile with port door and brass deflector
- Hard chromed or silicone nickel plated BCG with upgraded extractor
- Gas buster charging handle
- LaRue 11 inch FF hand guard
- Night Force optic held by a LaRue mount
- Troy BUIS

Barrel
- 18 inch, 1:10, chrome-lined, polygonal rifled barrel, made of 4150 CV steel (full-auto rated) manufactured by someone like Noveske, Krieger or Rock Creek
- Medium-weight profile
- Mid-length gas system
- Low profile gas block
- Smith Enterprises Vortex FS

Flame away.

SFBRD
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 11:45:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds pretty good....

Except I would go with a lightweight bbl. To me, medium to heavy contour barrels are for bolt guns, or special purpose (sniper) type semi auto's.

But the standard DPMS mags would be a nice touch...
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#2]
if you most use a collapsible stock, the magpuls are the only way to go.  i dont know alot about the gasbuster ch, but probably a waste of money if not using a suppressor.  not too many top end barrel makers using chrome lining, sabre comes to mind though.  an adj gas block and cws help on a .308.  theres a silicon nickel dpms a3 upper on the ee, thought about it but i dont think itd benefit me.  knights has a stronger bolt catch, but are hard to find.  rulton armory advertises theirs as stronger.  this is a valid point, i broke one at around 500rds.  doable build if you can find the barrel and use a dd instead of a larue tube.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top