Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2008 5:18:27 PM EST
Too bad Armalite, DPMS and POF don't make standard parts for the .308 flavored AR. If they did, my build would have the following components/attributes.

Lower receiver
- Billet machined 7075-T6 aluminum
- LMT LPK with upgraded bolt stop to handle greater BCG mass
- Gesissele high-speed 2-stage trigger
- LMT SOPMOD adjustable stock
- ERGO grip
- DPMS/SR-25 mags

Upper receiver
- Billet machined 7075-T6 aluminum with the interior silicone nickel plated
- A4 flat-top profile with port door and brass deflector
- Hard chromed or silicone nickel plated BCG with upgraded extractor
- Gas buster charging handle
- LaRue 11 inch FF hand guard
- Night Force optic held by a LaRue mount
- Troy BUIS

Barrel
- 18 inch, 1:10, chrome-lined, polygonal rifled barrel, made of 4150 CV steel (full-auto rated) manufactured by someone like Noveske, Krieger or Rock Creek
- Medium-weight profile
- Mid-length gas system
- Low profile gas block
- Smith Enterprises Vortex FS

Flame away.

SFBRD
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:45:04 PM EST
Sounds pretty good....

Except I would go with a lightweight bbl. To me, medium to heavy contour barrels are for bolt guns, or special purpose (sniper) type semi auto's.

But the standard DPMS mags would be a nice touch...
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 4:39:43 PM EST
if you most use a collapsible stock, the magpuls are the only way to go. i dont know alot about the gasbuster ch, but probably a waste of money if not using a suppressor. not too many top end barrel makers using chrome lining, sabre comes to mind though. an adj gas block and cws help on a .308. theres a silicon nickel dpms a3 upper on the ee, thought about it but i dont think itd benefit me. knights has a stronger bolt catch, but are hard to find. rulton armory advertises theirs as stronger. this is a valid point, i broke one at around 500rds. doable build if you can find the barrel and use a dd instead of a larue tube.
Top Top