Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2011 8:48:34 AM EDT
I bought my first set of nib MBUS on ebay 3 or 4 months ago. I had issues sighting them in, the front sight post didnt have much tension for holding it in place. I ended up using the rear only on my 22 build which seemed to work fine until yesterday when it broke in half ( laid it on the ground to set some targets and kicked it by accident).  I compared them to another set I recently purchased and there are differences. Front sight post tension and the pins stay in place but to look at them they are the same. Has anyone heard of theses being cloned?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:01:08 AM EDT
[#1]
There's a thread about MBUS fakes in the Magpul industry forum http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=124&t=199693.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:08:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Has anyone heard of theses being cloned?

I saw the clones on the market before I saw the real thing! Said really because the only thing I like about the MBUS's is the cost and the someone had to go out and find a way to be a cheaper copy

What's next, is someone going to clone a Geo Metro?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:19:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:25:09 AM EDT
[#4]
First of all, buying on ebay is a good indication of them being fake especially if they were shipped from overseas or Cali. I recently bought a few sets of MBUS on GB but the seller misrepresented them and they turned out to be PTS. I saw a significant difference in the quality and minor differences in design and function of the PTS vs my real MBUS.

Who was the seller?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:44:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

There's a thread about MBUS fakes in the Magpul industry forum http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=124&t=199693.

Yep, that was me, and I bought them here on the EE.

The guy is now banned and in the EE Hall of Shame for how he handled it...

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys, I will know better next time, guess I will throw the front one away and get some gen 2s.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks guys, I will know better next time, guess I will throw the front one away and get some gen 2s.

Don't throw them out.  Put them back on eBay as airsoft parts to recoup some of your cost.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Most popular weapon components are cloned for the airsoft market.  One of the LEO on my squad just ordered a few Magpul items off Amazon, and found that he got airsoft junk.

Ebay has strict rules on that type of stuff - complaint filed?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:22:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Are they the licensed Magpul Airsoft sights or are they just plain fakes?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#10]
The companies that are allowing licensing for Airsoft is just as much to blame.
Who ever saw the day coming that Daniel Defense would license DD hand guards for Airsoft sales?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:45:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Makes me very hesitant to by anything not from a main stream, reputable establishment.........
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:23:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Makes me very hesitant to by anything not from a main stream, reputable establishment.........

Thats egay for ya...
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:29:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Dupe.... and should be in sights and optics
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top