Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 2:17:18 AM EDT
Just curious as to the consensus on what's a fair price to get for a frankengun.

I have a fairly high mileage Colt A2 Hbar upper with Colt BCG on a POS cast lower w/A2 stock.
The upper is in no ban configuration and still shoots pretty damned good.

I'm thinking he could build a cheap M1S 20" A2 rifle for about $500 new, being this is a much higher quality barrel/bolt/etc but well used ..... $450ish?    

Too low, too high?    I'm going to finance a 9mm upper out of this sale, want to be fair but not get hosed either.  

I hate selling a gun
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:22:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I would think $450-ish would be snapped up in a heart beat in EE. A better price there may be more like $550 - $600, but probably not a whole lot more.

If you're think of getting a new shooter introduced to black rifle disease then there's nothing better than a bargain priced rifle.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:25:52 AM EDT
[#2]
A working AR should sell for no less than $600.  A Colt upper and BCG on top of a "POS" lower should STILL sell for $7-800.  Being that it's a 20" HBAR (I don't like 20" HBARs), I would sell at this price.  If it was in a more desireable configuration (16" A3), it would go for more.  

At $450, I'd buy it just to resell for a profit.  If you're just trying to get a friend into ARs to be a shooting buddy, go ahead.  You can't put a price on friendship or the cameraderie of a shooting buddy.  BUT, if this is to be sold and never to be seen or heard from again, raise your price accordingly.

Just my 2 cents...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#3]
For a well-used frankengun with a CAST lower, I think $450 would be a good price for a co-worker.

I wouldn't value a cast complete lower at much more than $100 - and a used Colt upper I'd maybe give $350 or $400 max.

So I think $500 is a decent price because of the Colt upper, and $450 is a good price.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:40:43 AM EDT
[#4]
$500-$550ish

The only reason I say that is because of the Colt upper and BCG.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:47:41 AM EDT
[#5]
stick with the 450. Take the higher road.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:52:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
stick with the 450. Take the higher road.

I think this is what I'm going with.  He's a good guy, trying to get him into a suppressor too.   I'm more trying to pass on BRD than anything else.  I really think a 20" A2 is a great rig to get started with.   I of course will ask to be first in line for buyback if he decides later he doesnt want it.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:05:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I guess it all comes down to, Do you like your coworker?  Heck, I wouldn't sell that rig to anybody in my office for less than $600.  If they're good people, then go with $450.  MJD
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top