Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/17/2006 10:38:28 AM EDT
I am doing a repair for a friend who told me that his rifle is not extracting a fired round and then pulling another off the magazine resulting in a double feed.

I pulled off the extractor from the bolt and everything looks ok, but for same measure i put a rubber "0" ring around the extractor spring like the "D-fender" and the Crane O rings that Adco sells for SPR configs.  This did not help.  There are as many differences as there are similarities between this rifle and your normal AR.  The extractor spring has an orange piece of rubber running down the middle of it.  

Should I replace the whole extractor kit, just the extractor spring, or what?

Need answer in 24 hours please
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:48:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah this extractor spring insert is rubber and is orange.  I tested this mans gun with my USGI mags upgraded with magpul Gen II carriers.  These are for my guns and they work flawlessly.

I am 100% positive that the problem is in the extractor somewhere.

should I just replace the extractor spring and the extractor spring insert?

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:19:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top