Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/12/2008 9:35:24 AM EDT
Hey guys, new AR Pistol. Fired it for the first time today using Wolf. FTE each shot. My other two AR's feed just fine with Wolf or anything you throw at it. Pistol upper is Model 1 and lower is Doublestar. Full CARR buffer. Wolf is non lacquered. Didn't have any brass to try through it but will tomorrow. In the meantime......................?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 1:25:15 PM EDT
Break in your "new" pistol.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 1:54:34 PM EDT
Make sure your bolt is not rotated 180° in the carrier.
That would make it eject to the left INTO the receiver.

The Ejector should be at about 5 o'clock as you look at the front end of the Bolt Carrier Group.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 10:22:32 AM EDT
Thanks again for those of you who responded.

Changed BCG's, magazines, did the single round last round open check and used brass only ammo. Wolf still failed to eject properly but after 200 rounds of brass, all is ok. Wolf, etc, fires without fail now. What I don't understand is why when changing BCG's that I still had the problem? The BCG I switched was from my AR rifle that eats Wolf like crazy. Anyway, we're happy camper now. Rockin''''''''''''''''

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:22:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Desert_AIP:

The Ejector should be at about 5 o'clock as you look at the front end of the Bolt Carrier Group.

This cant happen =/....
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:09:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 7:14:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Dano523:
Originally Posted By chase45:
Originally Posted By Desert_AIP:

This cant happen =/....

It shouldn't, but have seen a few bolts that the back side of the channel where not peened correctly, and the cam pin would go in either way.

I've seen it happen.
In theory the bolt cam pin can only be installed one way. But I have seen more than one that can be installed from either side, hence my caution. Not probable but possible.

Top Top