Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2015 2:58:32 PM EST
Hey guys, I had a quick question for everyone. About 4 months ago I finished my first AR-15 build. This is the first AR I've owned, let alone built. Lately I've been exploring the option of reloading and I started to collect my brass after shooting.

When I started looking at the brass I noticed that there were dents on shoulder of the brass as well as score marks on the neck of the brass, right above the dent. I have 2 questions:

1) Are the dents and score marks the symptoms of a bigger problem with my rifle?
2) Is the brass good to use for reloading with these dents?

I'm including some pictures so everyone can see what I'm talking about. One picture emphasizes the score marks and the other the dents.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:09:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/14/2015 3:11:13 PM EST by superjoe83]
I can't really see the marks you're talking about but the dents are from hitting the brass deflector which are normal, and are fine for reloading
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 4:14:27 PM EST
Awesome, thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 5:54:41 PM EST
really new BCG marks and brass deflector the neck marks will lesson over time
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:19:59 AM EST
Read up on heavier buffers, and the effect they may have on slowing down bolt travel, and not beating up your brass.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:25:32 AM EST
You can stick a piece of velcro on the deflector to prevent this- the kind with the sticky tape on the back.
Top Top