Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2007 3:18:57 PM EDT
What is the quality of 5.56x45mm ammo marked "Fabrica Nacional de Palencia"?  Good or bad?  Corrosive or Non-Corrosive?  Consistent?  Accurate?  What would be a reasonable price to buy 1000 rounds of this?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 6:01:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What is the quality of 5.56x45mm ammo marked "Fabrica Nacional de Palencia"?  Good or bad?  Corrosive or Non-Corrosive?  Consistent?  Accurate?  What would be a reasonable price to buy 1000 rounds of this?

Ugh....i wish I could give you a better answer.  I had some of the Santa Barbara manufactured ammo several years ago.  If the Palencia ammo was made on contract for the Spanish gov't like the SB, it should be non-corrosive.  One easy way to check is pull the bullet and dump the powder, the pop the primer at a steel plate.  You'll know by the next afternoon if it was corrosive or not.

mm
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:01:53 PM EDT
[#2]
So is this ammo considered Santa Barbara?  I have 2 unopened, sealed cases of it (2000 rounds per case) that I am thinking of selling, what would each case be worth?  I don't want to open a case just to find out about the ammo.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:42:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So is this ammo considered Santa Barbara?  I have 2 unopened, sealed cases of it (2000 rounds per case) that I am thinking of selling, what would each case be worth?  I don't want to open a case just to find out about the ammo.

Santa Barbara and Palencio are different factories/manufacturers.  Unless it is in commercial packages, then it is contract ammo to the Spanish gov't....all 5.56mm may be gov't contract since it is a military caliber.  I have no clue what the value might be, sorry.

mm
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:24:58 AM EDT
[#4]
If it is non-corrosive and true 5.56--it very well may be worth $1000-1200 for all of it...
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top