Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/18/2007 3:18:57 PM EDT
What is the quality of 5.56x45mm ammo marked "Fabrica Nacional de Palencia"? Good or bad? Corrosive or Non-Corrosive? Consistent? Accurate? What would be a reasonable price to buy 1000 rounds of this?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 6:01:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By hrt4me:
What is the quality of 5.56x45mm ammo marked "Fabrica Nacional de Palencia"? Good or bad? Corrosive or Non-Corrosive? Consistent? Accurate? What would be a reasonable price to buy 1000 rounds of this?

Ugh....i wish I could give you a better answer. I had some of the Santa Barbara manufactured ammo several years ago. If the Palencia ammo was made on contract for the Spanish gov't like the SB, it should be non-corrosive. One easy way to check is pull the bullet and dump the powder, the pop the primer at a steel plate. You'll know by the next afternoon if it was corrosive or not.

mm
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:01:53 PM EDT
So is this ammo considered Santa Barbara? I have 2 unopened, sealed cases of it (2000 rounds per case) that I am thinking of selling, what would each case be worth? I don't want to open a case just to find out about the ammo.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 4:42:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hrt4me:
So is this ammo considered Santa Barbara? I have 2 unopened, sealed cases of it (2000 rounds per case) that I am thinking of selling, what would each case be worth? I don't want to open a case just to find out about the ammo.

Santa Barbara and Palencio are different factories/manufacturers. Unless it is in commercial packages, then it is contract ammo to the Spanish gov't....all 5.56mm may be gov't contract since it is a military caliber. I have no clue what the value might be, sorry.

mm
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 5:24:58 AM EDT
If it is non-corrosive and true 5.56--it very well may be worth $1000-1200 for all of it...
Top Top