Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/13/2006 11:15:10 AM EST
I've seen at least a couple pictures of light set-ups where the pressure pad switch was secured to the handguards underneath a flexible fabric band. This looks about right for my set-up; the problem is that I don't know what that band is or where to get one. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and where to get one?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:17:17 AM EST
Fabric? I've only seen sections of rubber tubing over pressure switches. I have on on my TangoDown (came with it IIRC).

If I were mounting it to the forestock I'd consider electrical tape or something. Cloth would probably mildew or get cruddy from sweat IMHO...

YMMV of course.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:26:03 PM EST
I got mine from calvin hall over at brightflashlights. You can find his forum in the Industry forum.

http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/310985/original/P1010013.JPG
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:35:39 PM EST
We just use a mountain bike inner tube cut to length. It's also pretty cheap since a local bike shop will most likely give you a blown out tube for free.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:09:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By MPA90:
We just use a mountain bike inner tube cut to length. It's also pretty cheap since a local bike shop will most likely give you a blown out tube for free.

+1

Innertubes are also impervious to solvents, and don't attract crud. Anything that is pourous will.

Tack
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:12:41 PM EST
I think The Wilderness makes an elastic nylon sleeve.
Top Top