Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/16/2006 4:10:14 AM EDT
I mistakenly identified "L" series serial numbered Bushmaster lowers as being made by LMT in a couple threads here lately only to be corrected and informed that these lowers were made by LAR.

(I mistakenly thought they were made by LMT based info from one of the AR15.com gurus)

I sent e-mails to both LMT and LAR to verify which info was correct and here are the responses.

First from LMT:

Mike,

Due to the relationship we have with our customers I cannot speak about the work we do for others. If you are questioning something that has to do with a Bushmaster part, please contact them and ask them directly. I am glad that you like your LMT Upper though.
Sorry,

Angela M. Sheehan
Sales Representative
Lewis Machine & Tool Co.
1305 W. 11th Street
Milan, IL. 61264
PH: 309-787-7151
FX: 309-787-7193
EMAIL: SheehanA@lewismachine.net
This transmission may contain confidential or privileged information, which is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which the transmission is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 7:20 AM
To: Sheehan, Angela
Subject: FW: [LMT] Customer Contact Request

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Lewis Machine & Tool Company [mailto:sales@lewismachine.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:12 AM
To: sales@lewismachine.net
Subject: [LMT] Customer Contact Request

Customer Contact Request sent from the LMT web site.

Name: Mike Wilson

Questions/Comments:

I have been told that you fellas are the producers of the \"L\" series serial numbered lower on Bushmaster rifles. I have also been told that these same \"L\" series lowers were produced by LAR.

Could you tell me which of the information above is correct, in that did LMT produce \"L\" series, serial number lowers for Bushmaster?

I have one and it\'s mated to an LMT upper (which is the best one I own, I love it) and wanted to make certain I KNOW who produced my \"L\" series Bushamster lower.

Thanks for the info,

Mike Wilson

And here from LAR:

Hello Mike

We have been machining Bushmasters Upper & Lower receivers since 1990. The
"L" was assigned to us back then & we are still using it toady. I have no
idea what letter Lewis is using.
Now you know for certain.

Dave Larisch
LAR Manufacturing
4133 West Farm Road
West Jordan, UT 84088
Phone: 801-280-3505
Fax: 801-280-1972
Email: Dave@larmanufacturing.com

----- Original Message -----
To: <dave@largrizzly.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 3:51 AM
Subject: Bushmaster "L" series lower question

LAR,

I have been told that you fellas are the producers of the "L" series serial
numbered lower on Bushmaster rifles. I have also been told that these same
"L" series lowers were produced by Lewis Machine & Tool.

Could you tell me which of the information above is correct, in that did LAR
produce "L" series, serial number lowers for Bushmaster?

I have one and it's mated to and LMT upper and wanted to make certain I KNOW
who produced my Bushamster lower.

Thanks for the info,

Mike Wilson

Thought perhaps others might be interested in this info, and I'm sorry for passing on the apparently incorrect LMT info.

Mike

ps - darn, I have my "L" series Bushmaster lower mated to my LMT upper and thought that because they fit together so well I'd gotten good info and had in essence a complete LMT rifle, abeit the lower labeled Bushmaster, oh well......., don't change the fact it's a great AR and so far completely trouble free and very accurate, can't ask for much more than that.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:34:52 AM EDT
Its been known for a long time that LAR makes the Bushmaster lowers that start with an L
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:48:45 AM EDT
yep, read basically the same info some time ago about lar making the lowers
Top Top