Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/1/2003 5:49:41 PM EDT
FX/Fox, stabbed us all in the back, its not just Time/Warner.

RE: the FX movie "44 Minutes"

LAPD goes to gun shop and asks for "semi-autos, and assault rifles" clerk says here's a CAR, its what our military uses", andd " here's Remington 700, best sniper rifle made", LAPD replies, "geez, I can't believe they let just anybody buy these" Note: we have "0" allies in this fight.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:13:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Was it the ACTUAL video of B&B Gun sales, or just a faked re-creation?? B&B, when there were still a company was definitly pro-2nd ammendment.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I expected nothing else. AWB sunset coming up...Time for the media to strike fear into the populous.
LF
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:21:29 PM EDT
[#3]

OMFG I lost intelligence watching that movie. I almost smashed the TV when that scene played. I have good credit and a picture ID; I'm glad to hear I can get a FA AK-47 at the local gun store now.

J
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, Noticed that. Seems really odd that they show it for the first time when the AWB is up in the air. AND, It's supposed to air all through the month of June. How conveinent.

Course, look at it this way. Had it not been for them to be able to sell them in that manner, they wouldn't have been on the shelf for sale either.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't get me wrong I'm not "knocking" B&B, In fact, if they were consulted, I hope they sue, for damages.  Pretty, sure they didn't say that and I'm pretty sure being misquoted as such would affect their sales.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:26:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Pretty sure B&B has gone out of business.

Wonder if they got reimbursed for the favor they performed for the community that day...
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Don't get me wrong I'm not "knocking" B&B, In fact, if they were consulted, I hope they sue, for damages.  Pretty, sure they didn't say that and I'm pretty sure being misquoted as such would affect their sales.
View Quote

They're no longer in business.I felt the whole movie was anti-gun to begin with.They kept mentioning that the AK-47 was designed to penetrate body armor.IIRC, that's not what they were designed for in 1947.They even added EVIL folding stocks to the AK's they were using.The actual AK's had thumbhole stocks.Oh well, what were we really expecting anyway???  Classic Hollywood garbage.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:31:54 PM EDT
[#8]
god, everybody hit on that concept all at once.

I just posted that EXACT thing on the stupid FX forums for this dumb movie.

Ofcourse their entire shitty website is entirely in flash,
[url]http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/44_Minutes/site.html[/url]

But they DO have a forum of sorts.   To get to it click on the "navigate" button on the right side of the page about mid screen.   Then there's a "What do you remember" link you can click on that brings up forums.

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:37:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I sort of had fun watching it because we were sitting in our local pub and everyone there knows I am an avid shooter. They were asking me all sorts of questions and I was able to dispel a bunch of myths with a group of about 30 people.

They all came away with the feeling that the media is definately biased against guns and paints a false picture.

FX/Fox: 0
Gun Owners: 30

Not too bad of a score for the evening in my fair municipality.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I didn't like that scene either.  Now every anti-gun idiot is going to be acting up over that.  I do not believe that the scene was like that.  I don't think that a LE officer would stand around and have small talk well his friends are getting shot to shit, or I would at least hope so.  The scene was incorrect on many parts, at the gun store the owners and the cops loaded 30 and 20 rd mags, they also grabbed some combat shotguns with extended mags, and they didn't really say assault rifles.  Did anyone else notice how when they exited the gun store the owner or the cops didn't even have mag's for the weapons? lol..chalk up another for stupidity on the producers part.  I think that was just thrown in by some anti-gun member just to create some kind of thoughts in the minds of the public.

The HK that they showed in the movie was not the one used.  From my memory the HK91, it wasn't a G3 there was no paddle release on the mag well, was never fired on full-auto and it also had a full stock and not a collapsible.  I don't even think that the HK91 was altered to fire on full-auto, from the documentaries they just show the weapon being fired semi-auto.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#11]
exactly my point.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:50:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was able to dispel a bunch of myths with a group of about 30 people.
View Quote

Bravo sir! I never pass up an opportunity to expose media bias/ignorance.

BTW, did you see the bit on the FX website about Kevlar being a "man-made organic" fiber? Kinda like those naturally artificial sweeteners.

F'ing morons.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I should have known everyone would jump on this one. I couldn't wait to bitch about that scene. My wife and I were pissed about it. I also like how they made the gun shop guy out to be enough of an ass to ask who was going to pay.

In reality I should be happy. What I expected was the owner to be portrayed as some a-hole who would be hostile to the cops and try to mess with them. I knew that scene was going to be a nightmare.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Everything in that movie about the firearms was a little off, the weapons that the criminals used was totally off.  In the opening scene it showed the officers loaded their Beretta model 92FS or 92F 9mm pistols.  Did anyone else notice how the one officer didn't release the slide, instead he just followed it?  Any police officer I would hope would not be stupid enough to do this.  SO much for their bull**** about getting training from the LAPD before the movie.  Also that scene with the SWAT officer, omg my buddies in the ERT unit must be going nuts over that.  Its the number one rule, you never ever leave your assigned partner and if something like that happened you would immediately freeze and lock down the room not go rushing in like a idiot, also considering that you lose the faith of your partners and could look at possible repremand and loss of your slot.

Thats just some of the stuff that I can comment off hand about.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Seriously, those of you looking for a fight and have the flash plugin.

Goto the website I linked and find their forums.

There's a verbal beat down waiting to be applied to those idiots.

JUST WAIT, the trolling is going to begin sometime soon after this movie and people start doing word searches for "AR15" on Google.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#17]
the final shoot out with the last gunman by the truck(where the badguy was shooting through the windsheild of his car at police) was wrong, the guy was using a AR with a Cmag, he used a AK in the real shoot out that day. they had to have a BAD AR in the movie to make it complete. what a bunch of CRAP!!!

Oh yea, the movie said nothing about the cops leaving the last guy on the ground for 45 minutes to bleed out before they called a ambulance for the guy. LA police were or are still in court about the 45 minute stall before they got help for the gunman.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#18]
gootmacher, actually it was covered in another thread.

There was an M16/AR15 with Beta C used in the actual shoot out.   And it was the 2nd crook just moments before he passed away.    In the real video you can watch as he is walking down the street, he is approached by a cruiser and he runs to take cover behind a white car next to a tan truck.   As he's ducked down behind the hood he lets loose a long burst that tears through the windshield of the white car, shortly there after the cops shoot him and he dies on the ground.

There were some pictures out there of the M16 used laying in the foreground just before the crook died and in better video clips you can clearly identify it as an AR15/M16 derivative.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:01:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey if you belived everything you saw on TV you would be just like it.

Talk about some stupid quotes though. I thought that the Kaliforniastan "assault weapon" laws were alredy in effect then. If so that one about "anyone can buy them" is pure and total slander/shit/untruth.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#20]
OOOPS!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top