Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2009 3:48:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2009 2:07:41 AM EDT by MP15TDriver]
I have been waiting weeks for my Forward Universal Grip (FUG) from LaRue Tactical. With every call it seems they say it will be made "soon".

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE. (caps, tongue-in-cheek)

Okay, I feel better now. hehe
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 3:50:42 PM EDT
Its actually Forward Universal Grip, and I wasn't that crazy about mine.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 3:51:20 PM EDT
It is worth the wait.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 3:53:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By kcolg30:
It is worth the wait.

^this^
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 4:10:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2009 4:16:21 PM EDT by nozzleman671]
They probably sent some out to other customers that ordered after you did. I say that because it just happened to me. Afriend ordered his a week after I did and his was just shipped. I ordered mine on 17 February 09 and just received a shipment notice.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 5:47:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MP15TDriver:
I have been waiting weeks for my Front Upper Grip (FUG) from LaRue Tactical. With every call it seems they say it will be made "soon".

Shoot, how long have you been waiting exactly? I just ordered mine a few days back. At least I can still get the rifle sighted in without that so I can have some fun.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 8:40:51 PM EDT
I ordered a couple of weeks ago and just got it today.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 9:40:38 PM EDT
I ordered one last Wed. and emailed Larue the next day asking how long it would be. I got an email back saying it would be a week or two at the most. Hope that is somewhat accurate, really don't want to wait for a month or so for a FUG, but i heard it is worth the wait so we'll see.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 10:10:40 PM EDT
Ordered 3/6, still waiting...
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 2:09:05 AM EDT
I ordered mine March 1st.
Originally Posted By synergy3000:
I have been waiting weeks for my Front Upper Grip (FUG) from LaRue Tactical. With every call it seems they say it will be made "soon".

Shoot, how long have you been waiting exactly? I just ordered mine a few days back. At least I can still get the rifle sighted in without that so I can have some fun.

Link Posted: 3/21/2009 2:20:25 AM EDT
Mine was ordered on 17 February. So much for shipping them in the order that they are taken. The Representative I talked to said they process everything in order but now that someone I know has received his before me it appears it doesnt work that way. Now some of you have said you have received yours also. Id be fine with receiving mine at the same time as say 100 other people that ordered after me because of the way they make them in batches but Im pissed that Im receiving mine after people who ordered theirs after I did. Who knows how many orders they took in the week between my order and my coworkers. Their customer service was not very good in my opinion. I was just told they were sorry and they have no explanation.
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 5:24:05 AM EDT
Late in February ago I ordered a FUG from their web site. I got the usual order confirmation email, but heard nothing after that for four days. I called LaRue to get order status, and I was told the FUG was backordered and they would ship in 10-14 days. Fourteen days later I called again, and was told it would be another 10-14 days. Since they couldn't tell me with any degree of confidence when I would get mine, I cancelled the order. I wound up buying a competitor's product, which I got in four days.

If any LaRue folks are reading this, please look into improving your customer communications. I know you folks are busy, but a simple email acknowledgement of backorder status up front or a notice on your web site that an item is not in stock would have been the right thing to do. Your products are great, but your customer communications need to be at the same level as your products if you want repeat customers.
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 8:33:46 AM EDT
What is another highly desired forward grip? I'm considering canceling if it goes much longer.
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 10:33:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jmorrell:
Late in February ago I ordered a FUG from their web site. I got the usual order confirmation email, but heard nothing after that for four days. I called LaRue to get order status, and I was told the FUG was backordered and they would ship in 10-14 days. Fourteen days later I called again, and was told it would be another 10-14 days. Since they couldn't tell me with any degree of confidence when I would get mine, I cancelled the order. I wound up buying a competitor's product, which I got in four days.

If any LaRue folks are reading this, please look into improving your customer communications. I know you folks are busy, but a simple email acknowledgement of backorder status up front or a notice on your web site that an item is not in stock would have been the right thing to do. Your products are great, but your customer communications need to be at the same level as your products if you want repeat customers.

I agree, i had no idea the FUG was not in stock and was only made in batches, it says nothing like that on their site. I also love thier products but i wish all of these comapnies would do a real time inventory of their products on their website or at least state that the item may not be in stock and to call and make sure it is. I hope someone from Larue is reading this and does chime in.

Link Posted: 3/21/2009 10:35:42 AM EDT
What is another highly desired forward grip? I'm considering canceling if it goes much longer.

The Tango Down VFG is good but make sure you get the QD version, the other version can be quite a task to get on on some rail systems. I had to pound mine on with a rubber mallet on my RRA Entry Tac quad rail, and yes i did try using the zipties inside of the grip first and that did not work.
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 10:42:00 AM EDT
The bobro looks cool also.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 11:06:27 AM EDT
FUG order canceled. Tango Down QD Surefire Battlegrip ordered.

Thanks!!!
Originally Posted By juicehead2004:

The Tango Down VFG is good but make sure you get the QD version, the other version can be quite a task to get on on some rail systems. I had to pound mine on with a rubber mallet on my RRA Entry Tac quad rail, and yes i did try using the zipties inside of the grip first and that did not work.

Link Posted: 3/21/2009 3:10:33 PM EDT
ordered about two weeks ago from larue. Had no idea the wait would be that long.
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 4:19:29 PM EDT
FUG order canceled. Tango Down QD Surefire Battlegrip ordered.

Thanks!!!
That's exactly what I did. I received the Tango Down QD four days after I ordered it.

Link Posted: 3/22/2009 7:19:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2009 7:19:33 AM EDT by MP15TDriver]
I hoping for the same (to get it quick).

I wish I would have known the backlog when I placed the order for the FUG, I would have had a second thought.

Anyway, I look forward to getting the TD QD.
Link Posted: 3/22/2009 2:12:50 PM EDT
be patient

Link Posted: 3/22/2009 3:33:05 PM EDT
I ordered my FUG, got it in over two weeks, love the thing, end of story. Glad I waited, and this is for a gun that will actually be used on duty. I don't get the impatience of some people for quality gear. Unless you are hoping a plane in a week to be deployed with our Military, what is with the crazy rush people want their stuff in? I want my PMags tomorrow, I want my FUG now, I want this, I want that. If it is in demand, quality stuff, be happy there is somewhat of a back log cause it means people are buying it. Guns that are for fun or recreation, I will never understand when people are so impatient for some accessories.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 2:36:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By K9Copper:
I want my PMags tomorrow, I want my FUG now, I want this, I want that. If it is in demand, quality stuff, be happy there is somewhat of a back log cause it means people are buying it.

Bingo.

I'm perfectly happy with a backorder, as I would rather see a manufacturer take their time with a part that's intended for MY rifle. If that means I wait, that's fine.

Obviously manufacturing the FUG is a bit more involved that normal, considering the TD forward grips are available with no backorder.

That being said, they probably do need to rethink their backorder process; saying 10-14 days, and then not being able to deliver in that timeframe can be aggravating, especially when people call back and are told to wait another 10-14 days.

Just say 4-6 weeks, and if folks get their products earlier than that, they're happy. If it ships in six weeks, that's OK too since the customer was informed in advance.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 5:48:42 AM EDT
Originally Posted By stfram:
Originally Posted By K9Copper:
I want my PMags tomorrow, I want my FUG now, I want this, I want that. If it is in demand, quality stuff, be happy there is somewhat of a back log cause it means people are buying it.

Bingo.

I'm perfectly happy with a backorder, as I would rather see a manufacturer take their time with a part that's intended for MY rifle. If that means I wait, that's fine.

Obviously manufacturing the FUG is a bit more involved that normal, considering the TD forward grips are available with no backorder.

That being said, they probably do need to rethink their backorder process; saying 10-14 days, and then not being able to deliver in that timeframe can be aggravating, especially when people call back and are told to wait another 10-14 days.

Just say 4-6 weeks, and if folks get their products earlier than that, they're happy. If it ships in six weeks, that's OK too since the customer was informed in advance.
I think you hit the nail on the head: I probably wouldn't have minded a backorder if I had been told about it in advance, but to not have any communication from LaRue about a backorder situation was what I found disconcerting. But that experience hasn't soured me on LaRue: I ordered an ACOG RCO mount from them a few days later, but I called LaRue to verify the item was in stock before placing the order on their web site.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:12:42 AM EDT
Well after some bitching I received my FUG yesterday. My coworker received his about 5 days earlier after ordering it a week later than I. The FUG is great quality but I bought a Bobro also because Im not pleased with Larues customer service. Not sure which grip I will use yet. I ordered mine on 17 February and received it on 25 March for those interested. Unfortunately Larue lost a customer over how his employee handled the situation.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:39:06 PM EDT
I ordered my FUG on 3/11. Anyone have an idea as to when I could be expecting it?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:37:26 PM EDT
Who knows, I do know they lost a customer here. This is all unfortunate because I will soon have the money for a couple of other mounts I need but now I have to research a different company. Larue products are great but after the customer service I dealt with and the email I received from Mark I will not be buying from them again. I also may be sending my Fug back out of principle.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:32:04 PM EDT
ill buy it from you
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:08:18 AM EDT
Sorry friends have already said they are interested.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:59:18 AM EDT
Installed my TangoDown QD grip from Bravo Company last night (received in 3 days). I love it. I really like how the Surefire pressure switch slides in and is captured by the grip without the need for velcro, tape, or inner tubes.

I'm very pleased with Bravo Company.

I also receive more LaRue "stuff" yesterday. I admit to still liking their products, although I wish they were more forthcoming with stock information.

Other than that....it's all good.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:27:11 AM EDT
For a company with as good a rep as LaRue, it seems a real time stock inventory would be a worthwhile investment. I haven't ordered anything from their site lately because I like to have some idea of when I might get the stuff. That said, I do believe the FUG is the best VFG on the market.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:34:07 AM EDT
Oh the fug is great quality and Ive heard so many good customer service stories. However I unfortunately had a bad customer service issue, so when the problem wasn't solved I emailed Mark. Mark replyed and did'nt even look into the issue because he said it was silly and he wasn't going to appologize. I will not buy from a company that doesnt even address the issue or admit to the mistake. Now I have to look at other companies for mounts for other optics Ive been saving for. All I received was a couple of arrogant emails about how good their products and services are and copies of emails they received from people praising them. None of those emails were needed because they didn't have anything to do with my issue. All Larue had to do to keep me as a customer was to tell me he would reveiw my order and get it filled in order it was recieved and maybe an appology. I couldn't even get that just a polite F _ _ _ OFF.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:30:41 AM EDT
I got the same 1-2 weeks turnaround spiel. I went with a GG&G product that costs around 60% less. More money for ammo and I dont need to keep waiting
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:33:05 PM EDT
how do you like that bobro grip
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:08:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2009 1:09:59 PM EDT by bco175]
Wow, I was wondering how long it would take for Mark's success to get to his head. I have been loyal to him for 2 things, a great product, and great customer service. Take one away and my money goes elsewhere. I don't care how many free hats or paint mixers are in my package. At the end of the day, he does put out a quality product, but I will not tolerate poor customer service. I too have been dealt with rudely when asking questions about products on the phone, but I always blew it off because I know the products are top notch and they are very busy. But being talked to like I'm ignorant, when I guarantee I have more time on the ground doing the deed than the assclown answering the phone, is ridiculous. I think I'm done with Larue. I still like the products, but I'll just find them used so Larue doesn't directy profit.

Mark, I know you're reading this. It's time for a little wall to wall counseling session with your desk jockeys (I won't mention BLAKE's name)
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:39:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2009 2:20:06 PM EDT by DasRonin]
I don't think the problem is Mark's success going to his head. I think like another industrial partner here I know... he is fed up with the arfcom prima donas who either think by means of reading and surfing have become "experts" (the attack on Larue about his bolt carriers for example) or those who think either they personally deserve VIP treatment or by means of being an arfcom member deserve VIP treatment by industrial partners... like it is these persons that made LaRue what they are today! If a large portion of the arfcom business was lost by industrial partners in manufacturing like Mark... I doubt it would really impact severely on their business. It certainly is not arfcom that has made such vendors a success.

If anyone has noticed, there are very few professionals that continue to post on arfcom... and beyond that, the behavior of many of the members can be defined as juvenile at best. I wonder how many calls he gets from arfcom members about when they will get what they ordered, when something will be in stock, or expecting their item to be shipped before gov purchase orders and active military who really need the stuff very soon? I am willing to bet the majority of the "where is my stuff" calls (be it polite or not so much) are arfcom members. If I were Mark... I would have also pulled availability of my bolt carrier groups after what I read from members here! On the very few times I contacted LaRue... I never admit to being an arfcom member for fear they will think I am one of the clowns that screwed things up for the remainder of us.

The thread nearly trashing Chris Costa a day or two ago could be used as an example. If I were him, I would never post here. Maybe a few years ago before the big commercialization of this site... but certainly not now.

...and for the record... I am one of those professional gun toters/career instructors (30 years) that has almost let myself be chased off by the fratboy/juveniles who seem to now dominate the site.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:11:19 PM EDT
It has nothing to do with experience or training (though I'll gladly trade resumes with you or anyone else via IM). It has to do with the basics of capitalism. Nobody should tolerate poor attitudes from people they want to send money too. I know 3/4 of his customers could walk out the door and Larue would remain profitable, but it doesn't need to be that way. It is a simple fix. I know I wouldn't tolerate it in my business.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:25:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2009 3:25:47 PM EDT by VA-gunnut]
Requested by OP
Top Top