Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2005 11:16:27 AM EDT
Just out of curiosity, has anyone experienced a failuer to fire with the 15 min trigger job?

If so, what ammo.

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I was getting 3-5 FTF out of 30 with 62 grain wolf last weekend. Dad shot them out of his AR with no trigger job just fine. My yellow JP springs are on the way from brownells.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#2]
The very first time I did the 15 minute job, I put the hammer back in with the wrong spring orientation, and was getting very light primer strikes and FTFs. When I came home, I disassembled, reassembled correctly, and had no further problems. If anyone needs the assembly instructions, they're here: http://www.ar15.com/content/guides/assembly/lower/

Also, there were modified instructions a while ago that suggested grinding down the notch present on some hammers. Don't do that.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#3]
never had a single issue with mine.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Never had trouble either,  All different types of ammo.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:17:44 PM EDT
[#5]
No problems w/5.56 ammo, but constant FTFs with the .22 comversion unit; so I threw the moded springs away and went back to stock units.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:21:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I did this one or twice.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:06:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The very first time I did the 15 minute job, I put the hammer back in with the wrong spring orientation, and was getting very light primer strikes and FTFs.

You are not the only one who did that. h.gif
I had 3-5 failure to fire with S&B 55 gr ammo. I figured out the problem but decided to replace the old ones with a new set of reduced action springs made by Yellow Tavern custom shop. No problems after that.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The very first time I did the 15 minute job, I put the hammer back in with the wrong spring orientation, and was getting very light primer strikes and FTFs.

When I broke mine lower down to put the JP springs in I discovered I did the same thing.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top