Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/19/2004 11:48:29 PM EST
Today I bought an Eagle lower and a used (supposedly) Colt upper, put them together, and went shooting. The first mag fired fine, or close to it, with only one jam. After that, I had major FTF problems. The rounds would get stuck on the little ramps that are supposed to guide the rounds into the chamber, and they leave two scratches on the bullet itself.

What should I do? I was thinking of filing down the ramps, but don't want to mess up the gun.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:27:24 AM EST
Check your magazines for feed lip spread or cracks. Replace magazine with a new one that has a green follower or a magpul follower.

Replace the magazine first with one that you know works 100%.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:39:48 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 12:45:35 AM EST by 87gn]
The mag I have is black with a green follower.

It worked fine in my friend's ASA. We swapped uppers and the gun with my lower worked fine.

I went shooting Monday and the gun fired a full mag with no problems (after I cleaned the hell out of it) then it did the ol' FTE/FTF.

I'm using Wolf 55gf FMJ, so was my friend, who had only one or two problems the whole day.

edit: do lots of scratches on the bullet affect accuracy? I'm out of my game but the thing wasn't shooting very well, even at 25 yards.
Top Top