Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/2/2007 1:07:58 PM EDT
I have a DPMS A-15
This rifle seems to short stroke after the first or second round with most all 55gr bullets.
When I shoot a heaver bullet it performs well. I installed a 1"stock extension when the rifle was new. Less the 200 rnds. through in now. I was wondering if this extension spacer for the stock would alter the buffer spring tension. If so any sugestions. Thanks in advance. Joe
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:58:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:33:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dano523:
1.Pull the buffer out the receiver extension and while shining a light down the tube, confirm that the extender butt stock screw is not protruding into the back of the receiver extension void.

+1 on that!!! I had this exact problem (went from a collapsable stock to a fixed A2). The rear stock screw stuck into the tube about 1/4 inch, which was enough to barely let the bolt clear the bolt stop. It was too long for the buffer to have sufficient travel time to go back & forth properly. The fired round would eject, but the new round wouldn't get fed. Worked ok when I cycled it by hand because I held the bolt back.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:31:40 PM EDT
Thanks guys I will take in apart and look inside. I will let you know. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:05:06 PM EDT
The buttstock screw was protruding through can see the wear pattern on the buffer itself.
I will cut the screw down to proper lenght and try it. Thank you.
Top Top