Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 6:26:08 AM EDT
I changed uppers and now it will not eject. It will pick the round up, chamber it but once it's fired I have to cycle the bolt manually. Then it picks up the next round and so on. Any ideas what might be causing this ?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:15:16 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a FSB and I'm using the same bolt as I was before. But I think I may have found the problem. For some reason the gas tube pin is missing. Now wouldn't that cause the gas to exit  out of the gas tube pin hole instead of  working the bolt back ?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:40:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll check on that. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:27:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Okay I checked the gas tube and FSB. Even hosed them down with gun scrubber and blew them out with air. Still doing the same damn thing. Any more suggestions ?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd say that installing a new roll pin will cure the problem. If it is missing, the gas tube can rotate in the FSB, or even move in or out. All of this can cause misalignment and gas loss.

You can try to find a new roll pin locally. It needs to be 0.312" (5/16") in length with a diameter of 0.081". As a test, you might use a small nail to temporarily pin it in place to see if the rifle will function correctly.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top