Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/5/2005 2:36:31 PM EDT
Hey guy's,

Does a FSB bugger up the view from a scope on a flat top?

i.e. if I convert my A2 to a A3 can I leave the FSB on it or do I need to cut it down?

Or just get a A3 upper and leave my A2 in tact.

Thanks,
Spot
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you serious about cutting down your A2 to an A3?  I didn't think that was possible.

As far as a scope goes, not really I can only see the FSB at the lowest magnification (around 2) and even then just barely.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:30:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I got my FSB still on, like mentioned above its most noticeable at the lowest power, but even then its just a little blur at the bottom. I thought about putting a low profile one on, but I wanted to leave my options open.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:02:53 PM EDT
[#3]
You probably won't see the front sight at 3x and for sure at 4x.

Don't let em get ya down.  Lots of people, including me milled the handguard off and installed Weaver rails long before there was an A3 or A4.  The only trick was the length of the mounting screws.  Ya had to get longer screws than necessary and grind them down so they wouldn't interfere with the charging handle.

I think Derrik Martin at Accuracy Speaks will still do this ya want.

Good luck.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I intend to replace the upper reciever with a flat top reciever.

The cutting down question was about the FSB only.

I think I'll leave the FSB on, put the scope on and give it a try.

I just wanted to see what those who've shot with it that way thought.

Thanks for the feedback.

Spot
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top