Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/15/2012 8:19:26 AM EDT
Right now I have a fixed FSB.

I've decided on a TA44SG-10 acog (just saving for it) and I've read that the FSB is an annoyance with this optic (1.5x magnification).

Would it be possible to switch to a folding FSB like the one offered by YHM and retain my MOE handguards?

It would be a cheaper and more effective means to solve the problem than going with a FF rail and low pro sight block.

In the end I really like my MOE handguards (light and comfortable) I just don't know if this setup is possible.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 8:25:24 AM EDT
[#1]
mod existing fsb to low pro.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 8:33:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
mod existing fsb to low pro.

But I would like to retain the function of a front sight should I need it.

this is what I'm thinking
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 8:56:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Can't see why it wouldn't work.
It should bump the endcap just like the USGI FSB.

The YHM is probably the least expensive of the bunch but there are some sexier ones.
Link Posted: 5/15/2012 10:00:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Can't see why it wouldn't work.
It should bump the endcap just like the USGI FSB.

The YHM is probably the least expensive of the bunch but there are some sexier ones.

thanks for the link!

i'll check these out
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top