Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 8:43:08 PM EDT
True story:  Around 1990, I had by that time  two Colt AR 15s {Sporter HBAR, and a "Government Model"}.  Later I secured a Title 2 RR. I eventually sold the last of the Colts around 1995.  But by 1991 I had more than a few Upper Assemblies for the RR:  A 16" HBAR with collapsible stock, a 20" A2 Upper Assembly, with A2 stock and pistol grip, and a 20" "slab side" Upper Rec. Assemb. with a shorter A1 stock and A1 pistol grip.  I could see "The Ban" coming even in late 1992.  So, on 2-4-93 I bought a complete Lower receiver and semi-bolt  carrier and bolt from Bushie.  Seeing that I already had 3/4s of 3 rifles, it made sense to 'complete' at least one.  
  Well, seeing "the Ban" coming for sure, it seemed good to complete another kit.  So I bought another semi bolt group and complete lower receiver from Bushmaster on 3-2-94.  Both rifles had been completely assembled and test fired by April, 1994 at the latest.
  No sweat, or so I thought.  It was about a year after the ban went into effect, that the Nice Government Men began to say things like, If you can't PROVE by PAID RECEIPTS, or Excise Tax receipts, then you can't PROVE you had a complete rifle.
  Realizing the implications of what The Nice Government Men were saying, I scurried to my files to see if indeed I had any of the receipts to document my rifles.  Bummer!!!  I didn't save them!!  The Nice Government Men had never said anything like that before!  If I had only known ahead of time!!  Later on, of course, The Nice Government Men would even go so far as to say that even if the excise tax had been paid on a receiver before The Ban, unless you could "prove" it was a complete rifle, you would be guilty of a felony...an illegal "Assault Weapon."
   So, realizing that the Nice Government Men had the full authority and financial reserves of the Federal Reserve behind them, and  that they could seize all of my assets with which I would need to hire a Lawyer to defend myself, and that The Nice Government Men considered me guilty until I could prove my innocence….my lawfully owned, assembled, and possessed Pre-ban kit rifles were taken apart.  The Completed receivers and bolt carriers were relocated and have remained in exile, actually imprisoned in a tomb of darkness, for nearly 9 years, because The Nice Government Men changed the rules as time went on.  
  Now, after nearly 9 long years of seclusion, my receivers and rifles may come forth, free at last, to resume their pre-ban configuration into complete rifles!!  Free at last!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations on your release!!!!  I am smoking a cigar in about 7 minutes to celebrate here.  I am at my Fire Station and can't really go shooting nor assembling my "Evil" components but I will tomorrow.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Congratulations on your release!!!! I am smoking a cigar in about 7 minutes to celebrate here. I am at my Fire Station and can't really go shooting nor assembling my "Evil" components but I will tomorrow.

Actually, it is the receiver assemblies and bolt carriers which will sometime in a week be 'released' from their present location.  
   Even though these parts had been lawfully assembled into complete rifles,  one a year and a half BEFORE the ban, and the other one also fully assembled into its own complete kit 6 months before the ban was in effect, it seemed prudent to avoid The Nice Government Men.  Hence, the sentence of the afore mentioned components into exile, until next week or so.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top