User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/10/2017 5:15:10 PM EDT
I would have thought that it was a decent seller. Go figure, I guess:

https://fnamerica.com/discontinued-products/
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#1]
LOTS of competition and a dwindling gun/AR market. Will see more of this in the coming months
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Not suprising I expect to see black rifle sales slow, and probably get more people building bolt guns and such again.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure that the big F'N logo on the side of the magwells didn't help bolster sales either.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm sure that the big F'N logo on the side of the magwells didn't help bolster sales either.
View Quote
Yup.   I f'ing HATE those giant white laser-logos, regardless of the brand.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Great news! Now maybe they can design some iconic weapons for the next generation instead of beating this old nag to death.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I dunno - phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range?
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Not a lot of room in the market for an $1,100 M4 clone.  As well there shouldn't be.  FN GAVE me one, and I was able to flip it for MSRP, but that was a unicorn moment right before Christmas.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
This was their greatest downfall...
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:14:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the military collector M4 from FN.  I like the markings and is a great competitor for the 6920 for cloning purposes. The price tag is a little steep, but it comes with the accessories that makes it worth it. The non mil editions just don't have the appeal. Let's face it, FN appeals to mostly vets, because they carried them, other than that, it is just another AR.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:50:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, that didn't take long.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:07:34 PM EDT
[#11]
The Military Collectors with railed handguards and no carry handle are still there.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:04:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Military Collectors with railed handguards and no carry handle are still there.
View Quote
I have the M16 FN Military Collectors rifle and couldn't be happier with it... However, I check out the M4 FN Mil Collectors rifle back at the same LGS that had my FN M16 and I was appalled to discover that the pinned/welded A2 FH was not timed correctly and was crooked. The side sling mount was also loose and would rattle... I suppose the side sling issue I could live with but a crooked pinned/welded FH from the factory??? Just something to look out for I suppose.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:02:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I think they'd do well selling uppers @BCM prices.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:04:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I dunno - phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range?
View Quote
Hey, just what ya see, pal.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:58:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Full size A2 Muskets are just not that popular... not a shocker.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:56:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Some of us older (sorry, "comfortably middle aged") types still like them. And if I'm not mistaken, we can legally soil ourselves in public
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:29:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Some of us older (sorry, "comfortably middle aged") types still like them. And if I'm not mistaken, we can legally soil ourselves in public
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I turn 53 on Monday.. I got rid of my Musket back in the 90's.... Nostalgia is great... for  the photo album.   I like function and performance. and the Musket ain't it.

Link Posted: 4/12/2017 6:34:30 AM EDT
[#18]
I prefer the longer sight radius of the rifles.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:05:41 AM EDT
[#19]
FN never made a commercial 20" inch A2 rifle, as some here are indicating.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#20]
No, this is the closest. It has the removable carry handle:

https://fnamerica.com/products/discontinued-products/fn-15-rifle/
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:25:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
FN never made a commercial 20" inch A2 rifle, as some here are indicating.
View Quote
OK.. So A3/A4 Musket.. Point being it is a full size  20" with a fixed stock...
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:25:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's the reason I waited to find a 20" colt ar15a4 and didn't go with the in stock FN's.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Great news! Now maybe they can design some iconic weapons for the next generation instead of beating this old nag to death.
View Quote
What is with you and your incessant trolling of the tech forums recently? Just quit dude
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 4:42:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I have the M16 FN Military Collectors rifle and couldn't be happier with it... However, I check out the M4 FN Mil Collectors rifle back at the same LGS that had my FN M16 and I was appalled to discover that the pinned/welded A2 FH was not timed correctly and was crooked. The side sling mount was also loose and would rattle... I suppose the side sling issue I could live with but a crooked pinned/welded FH from the factory??? Just something to look out for I suppose.
View Quote
That side sling mount always rattles no matter who makes the gun. Sometimes they squeak too. A drop of clp between the barrel and the sling mount helps.

The problem with the collector series is FN and Colt came along way to late in the game. Clone builds have been a thing now for a long time. I can build an M4 clone for a lot less then what FN and Colt are wanting. The market is saturated with KAC RAS, Colt 14.5" barrels and Matech rear sights. Just go look in the EE. Those are your primary components.

Minus the ACOG TA01 NSN and Surefire M951 I spent a little over $600 almost half what FN is wanting. That $500 saved pays for ammo or an optic or maybe even another rifle.

The A2 clone was about $750 and the other M4 clone in the middle was about $600. The SOPMOD build was about $500 minus the stock, light and optic. I got the KAC RAS for next to nothing because of the wear. It didn't matter to me since the rifle was going to be painted.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 5:43:58 AM EDT
[#25]
I won't miss the offering. I can't imagine it selling that well. The fact it got pulled sort of proves that as well.

FN is marketing based off lies, which can't help either.

To their credit however, they did go the same route as Smith & Wesson out of the gate and offer some assorted and very modern configurations.

Now will be the time of innovation instead of cheap mass production.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
FN is marketing based off lies, which can't help either.
View Quote
Can i ask you to clarify this? I'm an fn fan, fyi. Although i did find their entry level ar offerings pretty overpriced
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:15:35 PM EDT
[#27]
I love the A2/A4.  

Still hope to get a Colt before they stop making them.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top