Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2006 8:05:06 PM EDT
Came across some FN M193 that I've had squirreled away for a long time. It has 1987 date stamp. It's been so long since I've shot this that I don't remember how it performed. It is clean, shiney & dry. Does anybody have experience with this load? Just wondering whether I should continue to store it for SHTF or shoot it at the range.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:09:40 AM EDT
[#1]
At this point in history, I wouldn't let go of any M193ish ammo I came across. Nor would I shoot it.

If you want plinking ammo loaded to near M193 specs, I'd have a look at the new Wolf M193 at ammoman.com or maybe that Gautamalan [sleepy, not going to try to spell that right] stuff that is floating around.

Otherwise, keep it dry and sit on it... It may be worth enough to get you a new AR-15 in a few years, if the supply of M193 keeps going down.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:49:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I found some I had squirreled away also a few weeks ago. It was dated either 1971 or 77 can't remember. Plan to just keep it for now. Mine was in white cardboard boxes loose.
JRandyH
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:16:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a couple of battlepacks of this stuff and don't really intend to shoot it...well at least not for plinking purposes.  The good old days....when this stuff was on pallets selling for $.15/rd.

dvo
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top