Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/2/2006 10:48:55 AM EDT
Just wanted to start a thread that sort of documents my first build.     This is something I wanted to do for about 10 years now (ever since I carried one in the Army), and just never got around to it.

Picked up a DPMS lower, and a lower parts kit from the local gun dealership last week.   They threw in an A2 grip, and standard stock.
Got that all assembled in no time thanks to the Assembly for dummies thread (Thank you)

So now Im getting ready to purchase an upper.   Leaning towards a varmint style setup from RRA, or DPMS.   Of course Im also looking through the EE everyday.

I also plan on running optics and a BUIS setup as well.  
For optics Im really leaning towards the Super Sniper 10x42 30mm Rifle Scope.  Just seems like the best bang for the buck.  
I have not decided on which BUIS setup I will go with yet.

I also plan to switch out the grip, and stock.   Probably replace the A2 grip with a tactical grip from DPMS, and swap out the standard stock with a Magpul stock.

Almost forgot.  Another near future addition will be a 2 stage trigger.

Okay.. So thats about it for now.   I will post pictures as I get items in, and assembled.

All suggestions and criticism is more than welcome, but please keep in mind I already understand that if I am not using parts from the same company that you are... That your rifle is probably better.  What I mean is there are plenty of posts basically saying that my dad can beat up your dad, and I really hope this does not turn into another one of those.   I just want to build a decent rifle (on a budget) that I can take to the local target range, and out to some farm land to do some varmint hunting.

Thanks for looking, and pictures will be coming soon
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 11:08:44 AM EDT
[#1]
That is a good start.  I think the Super Sniper is a great scope for the money.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome! Sounds like a Good set up. I have a 10x SS and love it. I have more expensive optics but you cant beat it for the money. I would keep my eye on the EE as you are doing. You can pick up some good deal. You also may whant to just buy the upper and Do your own barrreling. Not that hard. Have fun and post and let us know how its comeing along!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top