Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/25/2005 11:32:11 PM EDT
I want everyones input on using FMJ vs HP's. One of the gun range officers at the garland range told me that FMJ only "maims" the victim and not kills them. I think he's bs and somewhat mentally retarded.....but please give me some input.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:33:39 PM EDT
Ideally, JHPs damage more tissue than FMJs. However, neither is to be taken lightly.

Run a search for the International Wound Ballistics Association.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:29:39 AM EDT
Why don't you have him ask some of the dead insurgents over in Iraq if the bullets just maim or kill.

What a MORON!

I'd avoid him if possible.

Both will kill, next thing you know he will tell you no one ever got killed by a 22lr bullet.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:51:23 AM EDT
I dont understand the hostility?
duh...?
Legit question, answered well.
get a grip.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:33:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:03:08 AM EDT
like when some expert told me the AR wont kill you by 1 round it takes up to 5 or 6 and the AKs round will stop you with 1cause its a real caliber.so I told him "great you wont mind taking a round or two,you pick the places "
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:10:58 AM EDT
Yeah one of the younger officers at the Garland Texas shooting range was so anal that I had fmj's in my clips.

Their rule #1 states that:
No FMJ allowed to be fired on the rifle range.

To me that doesn't mean I can have it there as long as I don't fire it. Some of us don't have the luxory of having extra clips to load up soft points.

So he goes into a debate with me stating that FMJ's are useless and they are not made to kill. I was sorta dumb founded hearing all this from a guy that helps operate a gun range.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:38:32 AM EDT
Now I remember reading somewhere that when the intermediate cartridge concept came about that there was talk of bullets that wound rather than kill. The theory being a wounded soldier will require 1 or 2 fellow soldiers to help him off the field, rather a dead one would require no one to give him aid. I cant recall where I read it but I do know it was a discussion with Eugene Stoner and Mikhail Kalashnikov over the reasons behind the development of the weapon systems. Now I know as well as most that a FMJ in the right spot can kill with one shot but even a JHP can just wound if not hit in a critical area. Just my .02.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:04:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By johnnyphaze:
Yeah one of the younger officers at the Garland Texas shooting range was so anal that I had fmj's in my clips.

Their rule #1 states that:
No FMJ allowed to be fired on the rifle range.

To me that doesn't mean I can have it there as long as I don't fire it. Some of us don't have the luxory of having extra clips to load up soft points.

So he goes into a debate with me stating that FMJ's are useless and they are not made to kill. I was sorta dumb founded hearing all this from a guy that helps operate a gun range.

You need to tell him that two million dead asians can't be wrong!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:18:56 AM EDT
some people will believe what they want to, just let it pass and go on about your business.

Top Top