Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2004 8:00:33 PM EDT
WELL WITH THE AWB ABOUT TO GO AWAY (FOR A SHORT WHILE), CAN ANY ONE HELP ME WITH THE IDEA OF PUTTING A 3 PRONG FLASH HIDER ON MY POST BAN BUSHY?  I SPOKE WITH THE GUYS AT CMMG, AND THEY SAID FOR ME TO SEND IN MY BARREL.  THEY WOULD HAVE TO TURN IT DOWN, THREAD IT, AND THEN RE-FINISH IT.  SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF WORK.  THE PRICE HE QUOTED WASN'T WAY OUT OF LINE?, BUT I LIKE TO DO THINGS MYSELF.  DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE FOR ME.DON'T GET ME WRONG, THE GUYS AT CMMG ARE COOL.  I'VE MET THEM, BUT I LIKE TO GO AGAINST THE ODDS AND COME UP WITH OTHER CONCLUSIONS.......NO WHAT I MEAN?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Got a lathe?

Then you can do it yourself  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Try using this first:

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Egineer,
What is that suppose to mean?  If you got no real advice then stay out please.

Thank you,hat
Thank you for your input.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:49:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:00:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Egineer,
What is that suppose to mean?  If you got no real advice then stay out please.

Thank you,

It means to turn the caps lock off by pressing the caps lock key as shown in the pic.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:28:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Unless you have access to a machine shop send it to a professional. & thank you for turning off the CAPS lock. -Justin
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:46:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Caps lock?  What's the big freakin deal?  Its just habbit from work.  If it bothers so many of you then I'll stop!  Not a big deal, but just ask please.  You don't have to be a smart a** like "Egineer".

Thank You,
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:58:30 AM EDT
[#8]
just a tip- on message boards (like this one) it means you're yelling.... and is annoying to look at

and don't take internet talk so personally...

now for the flash hider- send it out... you don't want to mess up cutting threads and ruin your barrel.... jmho of course

-Roth
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:39:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:57:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Caps lock?  What's the big freakin deal?  Its just habbit from work.  If it bothers so many of you then I'll stop!  Not a big deal, but just ask please.  You don't have to be a smart a** like "Egineer".

Thank You,

Caps lock is considered yelling, and really annoying. Theres only a couple people who can get away with posting in all caps for some reason?? Engineer is a good guy, he was just being a bit flippant

And bigbore is just being modest in not mentioning that he does an outstanding job threading barrels.  I think the cost is something like $60 IIRC and the turn around time is about one week.

I'd suggest you contact him and he'll take care of you!

Corey
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:25:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Thank You,

Don't come in here with that attitude, Fruit Loops!  You might wait til you're here a while before you take command of the site.

We like to have a little fun here, you know.  You'll get all your questions answered if you lighten up a little and enjoy.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Start calling the local machine shops in your yellow pages phone book. I found a local shop that will turn down, thread, and recrown a barrel for $15 while I wait(during lunch).
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:17:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for all the advice.  I guess I owe you all an apology.  I had no idea that typing in caps was yelling on a forum.  Thanks again for the tips.  Bad habits are hard to break.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#14]
DBAR,

It looks like I owe you an apology as well. I saw the caps and had you pegged for someone trying to troll the boards.

Like others have said, it is probably best to have it sent out if you don't have the tools to do it yourself. If you can't find someone to do it local, then either CMMG, Steve/Adco and KKF (links to their websites can be found in the Industry forum) can all do the work. I've had Adco do some work for me and have been very pleased with the results. True they are a little more expensive than some of the others mentioned, but their turn around is amazingly fast and the work is top notch (and hey, gotta support the local Ohio guy).
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#15]
...and a good time was had by all....  

yup- i'm gonna have to start looking around so i can get mine threaded also

-Roth
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Engineer,
What is Troll the board?

markm,
I have no attitude, sorry if it seemed so.  Please call me DBAR not "fruit loops".

btw - I'm going to see about changing DBAR to dbar.

I want to thank everyone for putting up with me.  I'm a bit new here and I'm still learning

Thanks again guys for all the good info.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:40:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:50:55 AM EDT
[#18]
What is the going rate approximately for threading a post ban barrel and installing a flash hidder?
Pat
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:06:53 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
What is the going rate approximately for threading a post ban barrel and installing a flash hidder?
Pat

And can it be done on a barrel that has a press-on/pinned faux FS - like the RRA or Fulton-Armory barrels?

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:20:06 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Pat

See my post above.  It's approximately $60 through Adco.

Adco shop services.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pat

And can it be done on a barrel that has a press-on/pinned faux FS - like the RRA or Fulton-Armory barrels?

You'll have to contact bigbore (Adco) for more information, but it sounds like it can be accomplished.

Corey
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:31:50 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Yes it can - Adco can do the work ... see this thread:

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=130&t=143516
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:33:40 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Thank You,

LIghten up Francis, it's the internet.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:50:14 AM EDT
[#23]
DBAR,

I don't know where you live in MO. but one of the best shops around for AR stuff in the STL area is www.csmetall-werkes.com/.

I'm doing the same thing and C&S quoted me $60 + cost of a FS and washer.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks JMR,
I'm on the other side of the state.  I'll still ck into it though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#25]
DBAR, I'm from KC and called Denny's Guns about this very topic today.  Looks like $50 if the barrel is off the upper, if not it's $80.  Look them up in the phone book or serch for them on this page.  They are a partner and good guys too.  
Take it easy on the new guys fellas
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#26]
sabre_kc

Thanks for telling me, now I don't have to call them.  I'll have to get with them some time next week.  I just got a RRA stock from them on Wed. They do alot of business and sometimes they have a very long wait on gun smithing.  Very good work i've heard, but sometimes long waiting list.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:26:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Denny's=GOOD

CMMG=GOOD

ADCO=GOOD

The top two are in state, therefore most likely cheaper.  I have bought several guns from Denny's, and Denny is a customer of mine as well, he is a stand up guy, so is Chuck, who runs the retail end of the business.  Denny will proably get my no-ban FAL build business, as well as a buch of misc...AR stuff.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:33:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I picked up my ArmaLite Uppers today and for the both of them it was $120.00 from a local gunsmith.
I also had to replace the gas tube on my older ArmaLite for it was in really bad shape that was $10.00
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top