Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 4:11:09 PM EDT

I  was told this was a RAS tube. Its got KAC panels on em. bought the upper a few months ago. trying to put my evil bushy 14.5 with the phantom on it. Cant figure out how to take it off.

help?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a Vulcan FF tube.  See here:  Vulcan Arms Accessories.

The only thing holding that tube on is the tension between the tube and that thin locking ring.  The tube screws onto the barrel nut and there is a locking ring in between the barrel nut and tube.  Put your upper in a vice block and use a strap wrench and turn the whole tube in the loose direction, CCW when looking at it from the muzzle end.  This will expose the barrel nut so that you can remove it.

Only saw one of those before.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Poop, then i got a little burned on that one.  

I'll give it shot. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:56:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I got the SOB off. Sorta. Realized I cant swap barrels. The vulcan arms tube replaces the normal barrel nut so the only way to remove it is to remove the muzzel break since the front sight cant come off the upper i have. and I really dont want to try to take apart the sight on the bushy. and i was lied to when i got it.

so my delima  is do I sell the upper or keep it. Im thinking about getting the The MGI QCB Upper Receiver

Poop.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:05:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I would start by beating the asshat that sold it to you, under false pretenses.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top