Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 4:11:09 PM EDT

I was told this was a RAS tube. Its got KAC panels on em. bought the upper a few months ago. trying to put my evil bushy 14.5 with the phantom on it. Cant figure out how to take it off.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:32:03 PM EDT
That's a Vulcan FF tube. See here: Vulcan Arms Accessories.

The only thing holding that tube on is the tension between the tube and that thin locking ring. The tube screws onto the barrel nut and there is a locking ring in between the barrel nut and tube. Put your upper in a vice block and use a strap wrench and turn the whole tube in the loose direction, CCW when looking at it from the muzzle end. This will expose the barrel nut so that you can remove it.

Only saw one of those before.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:38:14 PM EDT
Poop, then i got a little burned on that one.

I'll give it shot. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:56:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 4:56:53 PM EDT by gplg]
Well I got the SOB off. Sorta. Realized I cant swap barrels. The vulcan arms tube replaces the normal barrel nut so the only way to remove it is to remove the muzzel break since the front sight cant come off the upper i have. and I really dont want to try to take apart the sight on the bushy. and i was lied to when i got it.

so my delima is do I sell the upper or keep it. Im thinking about getting the The MGI QCB Upper Receiver

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:05:58 PM EDT
I would start by beating the asshat that sold it to you, under false pretenses.
Top Top