Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/26/2006 7:48:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2006 7:49:40 PM EDT by christ0ph]
My YHM free floating tube is canted slightly, why? When looking at the rifle from the muzzle the barrel is clearly not in the center of the tube. I have paracord wrapped around it, perhaps warping it?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:43:42 AM EDT
who installed it?

the way the yhm lock nut secures the tube when tightning it there is a great chance of torqueing the tube along with it. lots of trial and error to get it perfect.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:42:40 AM EDT
i did. the locking nut is just screwed back far enough to clear the recievers when opening the upper reciever like a break open shotgun, the tube it self is wrapped in paracord so i didnt bother indexing it, just screwed it on tight as possible
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:12:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By christ0ph:
i did. the locking nut is just screwed back far enough to clear the recievers when opening the upper reciever like a break open shotgun, the tube it self is wrapped in paracord so i didnt bother indexing it, just screwed it on tight as possible

Well, loosen the locking ring and index it then! I have had my YHM tube cant on me during use, even tho it was installed with loctite. No biggee... I dont put optics on a non-fixed rail anyway.
Top Top