Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/2/2006 9:44:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/2/2006 4:07:56 PM EDT by cityrepo61]
I bought a Wilson Varmint Contour Barrel last year and I am finally putting the upper together.
The problem is that the Bushmaster VMatch FF handguard I bought won't fit over the barrel. I also tried a DPMS FF HG that I had laying around for another build and it would fit over the barrel either.

The barrell is a SS 20in that is over an inch thick, the FFHG barrel nut lip won't fit over the barrel.

Does anyone make a FFHG for this kind of barrel? I would expect so, since the guy I bought the barrel from had one.

ETA: I measured the barrel tonight and it 1.05 inches thick.

Thanks
Steve 'cityrepo61'
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:00:13 AM EDT
Contact Bushmaster, they should have something that will work with their product.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:37:34 AM EDT
the vmatch bbl. nut is for a hvybbl. and what is sounds like you have is a bull barrel.

the bull bbl. is 1 3/16" if i remember correctly at the bbl. extension so you will need a ff for a bull barrel or open up the i.d. of the barrel nut you have.

i ran into the same problem when trying to install a yhm tube on my bull bbl. that was suppose to fit, measurements were taken by me and measurements of the tube was given but it was still off so i just opened up the inside diameter of the "lip" on the bbl. nut and it worked perfect.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:09:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:
the vmatch bbl. nut is for a hvybbl. and what is sounds like you have is a bull barrel.

the bull bbl. is 1 3/16" if i remember correctly at the bbl. extension so you will need a ff for a bull barrel or open up the i.d. of the barrel nut you have.

i ran into the same problem when trying to install a yhm tube on my bull bbl. that was suppose to fit, measurements were taken by me and measurements of the tube was given but it was still off so i just opened up the inside diameter of the "lip" on the bbl. nut and it worked perfect.

I was thinking about that since it is only +-.05 inches. How could I go about doing it?

Thanks
Steve
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:04:04 PM EDT
Well, the YHM nut sitting in front of me measures 1.063 through the bore, so a 1.050 barrel should be a slam dunk. This is the nut from a lightweight 4-rail FF handguard - I presume all of the YHM stuff is the same.

Lem
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:50:41 PM EDT
there's a lip on the inner dia. of the bbl. nut that sits against the bbl. shoulder that's were the problem is.

i used a die grinder/dremel to open it up some.
Top Top